new led dash lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 conv. 250 inline 6 black int. orange paint
[url=https://ibb.co/ifut7w][img]https://preview.ibb.co/dHY9fG/IMG_0824.jpg[/img][/url]
007.JPG009.JPG008.JPGfinely got the new led dash lights in. they are very bright. i did loose dimmer function but i dont mind at all .i have changed every bulb in my car to led (not head lights) and i'am very happy with the result

Last edited by a moderator:
if you change 1 bulb back to incandescent you'll regain your dimming function
i'm going to splice in a t-10 bulb into the heater control socket and try that

I haven't dove into my dashboards yet, did you need just 4 bulbs?

I haven't dove into my dashboards yet, did you need just 4 bulbs?
depends on what you want to do i did the alt=oil=temp=brake with red but with no tach you need like 10 green for the gauge illuinatetion i got extra

finely got the new led dash lights in. they are very bright. i did loose dimmer function but i dont mind at all .i have changed every bulb in my car to led (not head lights) and i'am very happy with the result
Wondering, did you remove the tinted bulb dome covers in the instrument panel, or did you leave them in?

finely got the new led dash lights in. they are very bright. i did loose dimmer function but i dont mind at all .i have changed every bulb in my car to led (not head lights) and i'am very happy with the result
Wondering, did you remove the tinted bulb dome covers in the instrument panel, or did you leave them in?
i removed the blue covers

i tryed to splice in a t-10 bulb and it did not help the dimming prob.

i removed the blue covers

i tryed to splice in a t-10 bulb and it did not help the dimming prob.

Thanks, I just ordered some based on the pictures you posted. I've already got blue LEDs in the instrument cluster, but they must be early models because they are still quite dim even with all the blue dome covers removed.

God said let there be light and there was light....
Well, actually what he said was let there be less dark. The following report documents that what we call "light bulbs" are really Dark Suckers.

For years it has been believed that electric bulbs emitted light.

However recent information from Bell Labs has proven otherwise.

Electric bulbs don’t emit light, they suck dark. Thus, they now call these bulbs dark-suckers. The dark theory, according to a Bell Labs spokesman, proves the existence of dark, that dark has mass heavier than that of light, and that dark is faster than light. The basis of the dark-sucker theory is that electric bulbs suck dark.

Take for example the dark-suckers in the room where you are.

There is less dark right next to them than there is elsewhere. The larger the dark sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark.

Dark-suckers in a parking lot have a much greater capacity to suck dark than the ones in this room.

As with all things, dark suckers don’t last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the black spot on a full dark sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You will notice after the first use the wick turns black, representing all the dark which has been sucked into it. If you hold a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, the tip will turn black because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. Unfortunately, these primitive dark suckers have a very limited range.

There are also portable dark suckers. The bulbs in these can’t handle all the dark by themselves, and must be aided by a dark storage unit. When the dark storage unit is full, it must either be emptied or replaced before the portable dark sucker can be operated again. Dark has mass. When dark goes into a dark sucker, friction from this mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating dark sucker. Candles present a special problem, as the dark must travel in the solid wick instead of through glass. Thus, it can be very dangerous to touch an operating candle. Dark is also heavier than light. If you swim deeper and deeper, you notice it gets darker and darker. When you reach a depth of approximately fifty feet, you are in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats to the top. The immense power of the dark can be utilized to man’s advantage. We can collect the dark that has settled to the bottom of the lakes and push it through turbines which generate electricity and help push dark to the ocean, where it maybe safely stored.

In conclusion, Bell Labs stated that dark suckers make all our lives much easier. So, the next time you look at an electric bulb, remember that it is indeed a dark sucker!

Back