Replacement long steering hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
I looked through the past threads to see if anyone has asked but couldn't find anything. I have the long power steering hose that goes up, through a braket on the driver's side strut brace then back down and down to the gear box. Mine is in bad shape and I need a replacement. I looked at different ones and they don't look the same. Where can I get a replacement?

I looked through the past threads to see if anyone has asked but couldn't find anything. I have the long power steering hose that goes up, through a braket on the driver's side strut brace then back down and down to the gear box. Mine is in bad shape and I need a replacement. I looked at different ones and they don't look the same. Where can I get a replacement?
i think you need the pressure hose . i had one made it cost $100 you can buy the shorter ones all over just make sure the fittings are correct

i understand that the long hose was for steering surge to help stop the jumping you sometimes feel in the wheel when you turn .its not on a lot of cars

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for the info everyone. I will do some more investigating. Merry Christmas! I wish all of you and your families a great weekend and new year.

Back