71 Mach 1 autumn photo setting

Spechti

Hi guys and fellow horsemen,

a few weeks ago, I saw the nice autumn colors in the woods and took the Mach 1 for a spin out there. The canon cam on the passenger seat, I looked for nice photo locations. I found some nice colorful leaf beds southwest of Hamburg, germany and used the opportunity for some nice shots which I like to share with you. Have fun with them.

Michael

450_25_12_15_4_35_11.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_34_46.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_34_18.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_33_49.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_33_17.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_32_56.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_32_37.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_32_06.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_31_14.jpeg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great setting to highlight your car. Very nice ride!!!!

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

How do I apply for the COTM show?

Great pictures! To apply for the car of the month just page down to the forums under odds and ends, Car of the month submissions, it will explain what to do. Ryan.

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I had some requests and appreciation comments on the color of the car. It is true that the blue catches the eye, especially when the car is parked in the sun. There is a special "glow" to it which is not in the factory acapulco blue. That is true.

I did not exactly reproduce the original color, although it was my first intention to make the car as close to its former factory look as possible. First doubts came when I put a lot of the interior repro parts and repainted parts next to the color swatches with the acapulco blue. There was some "bite" and some disharmony in the colors. So I picked more color swatches from my painter and expermented further with a good friend with safe taste having all the upholstery and trim stuff on a table outside on a sunny day.

We found the stunning color in the Glasurit color library and we both instantly agreed that this is THE color. It is a hue darker and greener than the factory blue, but shines a lot more.

The Glasurit color code is MB764.00

The Glasurit color code for the argent used is MA158.50

I have some more pics that show the almost eletric glow in the sunshine. And some from the paint shop while the job was done.

Best wishes

Michael

Foto-0038.thumb.jpg.36f794f48d56209768cabafe0589de27.jpg

Foto-0040.thumb.jpg.6eb068f6706f5df8dae9c59b991a4d95.jpg

Foto-0042.thumb.jpg.a17cb964c979b262141d95ada96d1f50.jpg

P1050476.thumb.jpg.12db47af8674b00943581ad264dad5ac.jpg

P1050477.thumb.jpg.33135468249b6a4927eee036d3d3d735.jpg

Hi guys and fellow horsemen,

a few weeks ago, I saw the nice autumn colors in the woods and took the Mach 1 for a spin out there. The canon cam on the passenger seat, I looked for nice photo locations. I found some nice colorful leaf beds southwest of Hamburg, germany and used the opportunity for some nice shots which I like to share with you. Have fun with them.

Michael

450_25_12_15_4_35_11.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_34_46.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_34_18.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_33_49.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_33_17.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_32_56.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_32_37.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_32_06.jpeg

450_25_12_15_4_31_14.jpeg

Hi Michael,

I was reviewing the photos of your drop dead gorgeous Mustang, and was inspired to put pictures and music together while i was watching the photos in detail. My apologies if my selection doesn't appeal to you, but i thought the marriage of this musical piece and your pictures was a delicious blend.

Hope you enjoy.:)

BTW - I've had a couple of drinks as well to go with it!:P

Greg.:)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

HAHAHAHA!!!! Greg, you romantic!

I projected Michael cruising the Autobahn at 50 clicks with the Audis, Mercs and Porches screaming past at 200, Cliff crooning in the background in that magnificent 71, autumn leaves cascading.

COTM, got my vote! The soundtrack; perfect!

...Mickus

BTW...

Michael; where's ya spoiler!

...Mickus

HAHAHAHA!!!! Greg, you romantic!

I projected Michael cruising the Autobahn at 50 clicks with the Audis, Mercs and Porches screaming past at 200, Cliff crooning in the background in that magnificent 71, autumn leaves cascading.

COTM, got my vote! The soundtrack; perfect!

...Mickus

BTW...

...Mickus

Hey Mickus,

I guess i am a romantic.:P

But yeah, you're right. Had another thought - if the Mustang was shot with an action sequence like you say, then some appropriate action music would be terrific as well. Good one!

Greg.:)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

I must admit I am not the Cliff-Richard-guy, but thanks for the moodful video. My heart is more with AC/DC (a wink to Australia), Guns n' Roses or Waylon Jennings when I'm on the road. When it comes to "romantic" tunes, I like Willie Nelson or Dean Martin. And I don't like Autobahn driving, I am more used to scenic or country roads which the Mustang likes more. Northern Germany has lots of them and you alway find a nice one to cruise along.

About the blue, my friends call the car "the Blue Pearl", I guess it is a tribute to the ship of Jack Sparrow, sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow.

It is in the garage. Not yet painted. Mounting holes are already in the valance panel. I could not yet convince myself to install it. It is a controverse topic and a bit polarizing.

In my opinion, you have the best roads in the world Michael.

I have driven in Germany many times and have driven from Wurzburg to Neuschwanstein along the beautiful Romantische Strasse a couple of times (first with my wife and second with my wife and daughter) but never in a Mustang and both times in winter! The first time, back in the late 90's, we arrived in Fussen after an 8 hour meander from Augsburg. We went to check in to our hotel to discover we had left our passports in Augsburg:shootself: Man, I hammered that Audi back to Augsburg and from what I recall was back there in 45 minutes, thanks to the amazing freeways!

Here in Australia, and to a great degree the rest of the world, when planners routed freeways from point A to point B they placed a pin in A, a pin in B then run a string line between the two. This resulted in great stretches of long straight and relatively boring roads. Back in the 30's the German government of the time cleverly planned the Autobahn to be wide enough to cater for future growth and made the routes interesting taking in magnificent vistas and local attractions. They deliberately avoided long straight roads in an effort to avoid accidents and highway hypnosis. The architecture of the Autobahn alone is breathtaking!

I agree with you about the spoiler being a controversial topic and I threw the comment in because of the spoiler voting thread being hot. I have a vert that is getting front and rear spoiler. On the mock up, both improved the aesthetic although this is only my opinion and is purely subjective. Good luck with your decision!

Cheers...

...Mickus

Spechti, your car is Great Looking!!!!.

you need to enter your car in the COTM contest, follow the link below, the instructions on in the post.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-attention-all-members-regarding-cotm--24347

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]