'71 429cj convertible restoration

Guest Pastel Blue

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is so awesome paint work [WINKING FACE] [THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars DK73

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 😎

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

That is definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing combination. Awesome together. Really looking forward to more updates. Thank you.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Finally, some paint... you don't see guys lining up to apply this colour, it will certainly hold its own among the masses... Thoughts (positive, I hope :feedback: Cheers.

Just a tad bit more overs pray than Ford got on the inside but it ain't going to rust now.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Guest Pastel Blue

Finally, some paint... you don't see guys lining up to apply this colour, it will certainly hold its own among the masses... Thoughts (positive, I hope :feedback: Cheers.

Just a tad bit more overs pray than Ford got on the inside but it ain't going to rust now.

[/quote

Looking Great ! Not sure but I thought it was you who was looking for a way to preserve keep your suspension parts looking like new..This is what I use

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/rpm.php

Works really well

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

Looking Great ! Not sure but I thought it was you who was looking for a way to preserve keep your suspensiodn parts looking like new..This is what I use

Works really well

I used this stuff on a lot on my build too. I had mixed results and I think it came down to polishing the parts after. It says you can take a microfiber cloth and wipe off (polish) excess which I did on some parts and had a few that seem to develop surface rust. I didnt do this to too many parts so when my car gets back from paint and I do final clean up I will get a better idea on this. Maybe just don't polish excess.

- Jim

Looking Great ! Not sure but I thought it was you who was looking for a way to preserve keep your suspension parts looking like new..This is what I use

Works really well

The RPM does look much better than some of the colored paints they offer, natural. When I bought a 1984 20th. Anniversary Mustang I brought it home put up on jack stands and cleaned the underside with prep solvent. I went over every seam and fixed all the places where Ford left holes. Mask off the body and I then sprayed with DuPont Imron, remember this was 1984, suspension, floor everything underneath. To this day the car has no rust anywhere except where worn off. It was a daily driver and went through the salt on the roads and did not have a garage most of it's life and has over 200,000 on it. It did not hide the paint markings. I pulled all the stickers off and put on wax paper and put in a file. My son has the car now and might restore, 4 kids takes a lot of money, lol.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Sorry, not great with the computer ie: posting links... But below is the latest update put out by my shop, a little behind where the car actually is today; but gives you an idea of the process.

file:///C:/Users/kmacm_000/Pictures/1971-mustang-body-work.htm

sorry to say link didn't work for me! The other pictures are looking good, bet you can't wait to see it all done and on the road.

Geoff

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Sorry, not great with the computer ie: posting links... But below is the latest update put out by my shop, a little behind where the car actually is today; but gives you an idea of the process.

Looks like you tried to link to your C drive and not it won't work. You need to upload the pictures to one of the photo storage place like Dropbox. A word of caution you should put copyright markings on them if you don't want them to show up elsewhere on the net.

David

David

Guest Pastel Blue

Looks like you tried to link to your C drive and not it won't work. You need to upload the pictures to one of the photo storage place like Dropbox. A word of caution you should put copyright markings on them if you don't want them to show up elsewhere on the net.

David

David

Hmm, we would have to copyright everything we ever do on the net? Putting copyright is a long convoluted process, is it not? I guess when we post something, we know in advance that they may be posted elsewhere. if I don't want something all over the net, I don't post it. Thanks for looking out!

No copyright is just adding the symbol or you can get software to add copyright across the picture in a shadow. You don't have to pay anything or send copies to some government office. It just says I don't want anyone to use without your permission. eBay can even use your pictures unless you copyright. I have had people on the other side of the world take some of my hunting pictures and use them on the web site. One of the software packages will add the copyright symbol or your name or whatever you want and can do thousands at one time.

If you don't care if someone uses your pictures then don't worry about it.

David

David