Mustang seat wiring/sensors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blorpcandy

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
af7f44a059f5fe51b67f2618bbd96fb5.jpg
3c0bd39610cac0dfd23a188a50d16307.jpg

Hey guys -

So I decided to tear the seats out of my '73 today, and I found these two plugs under the passenger side. I figured that they were some part of the seat warning/buzzer system, however, neither connected to the plug in the seat belt, which was also disconnected. I've heard (and read in the owners manual) about a type of weight sensor, but I've not been able to find any other details on it.

So I'd like to know: what do these two connect to, and also, where do I hook up the seat belt warning switch? I should probably also mention that the seat has no wires on it anywhere at all.

Thanks!

~Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The green connector is for the auto seat back release. The brown is for the seat sensor for seatbelt warning system. Not all cars had the auto seatback release so that could be unused. The underside bottom of the passenger seat should have the connector for the seat sensor. If you look at the metal web and seat foam you should see a long strip with wires coming off it, that's the seat weight sensor. By each seat belt retractor there is a grey connector with a single purple wire that should be connected just under the carpet.

Under the drivers seat should be one connector for the seatback release if equipped it would be connect to the seat. There is no seat sensor on the drivers side.

If the seats were recovered at some time the seat bottoms could have been switched so check the drivers side for that connector, you never know.

af7f44a059f5fe51b67f2618bbd96fb5.jpg
3c0bd39610cac0dfd23a188a50d16307.jpg

Hey guys -

So I decided to tear the seats out of my '73 today, and I found these two plugs under the passenger side. I figured that they were some part of the seat warning/buzzer system, however, neither connected to the plug in the seat belt, which was also disconnected. I've heard (and read in the owners manual) about a type of weight sensor, but I've not been able to find any other details on it.

So I'd like to know: what do these two connect to, and also, where do I hook up the seat belt warning switch? I should probably also mention that the seat has no wires on it anywhere at all.

Thanks!

~Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't have the sensor and need one I have extras from parts cars. $5.00 + shipping I think would be very fair. Can send in big envelope regular post to save $. Send PM with your address and I will send one.

David

Back