Door window parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
Can anybody tell me all the parts that go into our doors for the windows? My windows tilted for and aft really bad so I started digging into the drivers side and here is what I found. Of course the anti rattle inserts are worn, and the little wheel on the end of the regulator has 2 flat spots on it. I'm concerned I might be missing a part? I have the regulator, which bolts to the window bracket, (which I also have). The vertical guide post, the bottom stop, the 2 felt travel guides. Outside of this I'm not sure if something else is supposed to work with all of this. Do the little plastic inserts limit the fore and aft movement of the window?

Here is a pic of everything. If you need a larger pic I can email to you.

mugxhj.png

Here is a pic of everything. If you need a larger pic I can email to you.

mugxhj.png
Jeff, where did this illustration come from?

I have the manual windows, and it appears I have everything! I found some new anti-rattle inserts hopefully replacing them and lubing everything takes care of my issues!! Thanks for the info!!

If going up crooked, the circled parts in the picture are typically missing or broken.

[/quot.

I'm getting ready to start working on my windows and I'm a little confused as to the main components that prevent it from rattling or wobbling fore and aft. I'm not missing my anti rattle inserts but I also don't know if they're worn. Does anybody know how to tell if they're worn or not? I also have felt felted rubber pads. I my drivers side which was the worst the pad was flatened down a bit but the felt was somewhat still on it. Can I adjust this pad to offset the flaten part of it?

Pad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I am replacing those little clip in inserts, and I am also recovering those felt pads, I am using 3/4" by 1/4" closed cell foam, and I found some fabric at a local fabric store thats a pretty close match for whats on them! Wish me luck!!

Back