1971 SCJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good based on the pictures. When they state, " correct 429scj" does not confirm #'s matching, but based on the apparent nice work to date on this build, would probably be a proper engine sourced out for the car. The fact that the tranny is missing signals that the drivetrain was removed in the past and unfortunately, not kept with the car. This could be a nice car and the asking price is not unreasonable for what is included, lots of NOS parts...

Looks like a good solid project car. I'd pay 22,000 for this car before I would pay 40,000 and up for a shiny, chromed, bondo queen from one of the bling shops. At least you can see the condition of the floor pans, sheet metal, and other problem areas that we know exist on these 40+ year old cars. As far as the engine, if your not going to concours show it, I'd say it's a non issue. I can safely say from personal experience that most people who went to the trouble of ordering a Drag Pak car drove them showing no mercy. My Buddy had a 70 Cyclone SCJ 429, Drag Pak, with a 4:30 Detroit Locker, with a removed rev limiter!! So you can imagine what a ride in that car was like. And most of them that I knew of in our area were driven like that.

So if the car listed has a period correct 70-71 CJ/SCJ or even a 71-72 Police Interceptor, bolt it up to David's transmission and be prepared to have the hair stand up on your arms as you get transported back in time to the land of the big blocks!!

Back