Hi All,

Anyone interested in a 1972 q code 4 speed convertible? 1 of 201 if the internet numbers are right. Its been sitting inside for the last 24 years since it was last on the road. Looks to be pretty much all original and very minimal rust. Hurst 4 speed. Q code motor needs a rebuild and is out of the car. There is another Cleveland that runs in the car now. Car is red and black 2 tone, NASA hood, dog dish rims. I dont have pictures as the car is a friends. Message me if interested, car is located in eastern canada

Pretty much looks like these pics top is black interior is ginger, guyss it was dyed from white.

72cvt.jpg.eb929e76d9c0ae8c2018a3c6fe8a874a.jpg1972-ford-mustang-convertible-americanlisted_45143777.jpg.e639989819d29a30038fb620bbf6104a.jpg

So - what would be the true value of the car when done? Cost to restore it?

White interiors are nice but tough to find if ya have to look. Black interiors are MUCH easier to locate.

I see a neat and rare opportunity. Really depends on the price and what is missing.

I wonder if it has just one chrome door mirror? I'd love to see more info including the Marti and/or invoice.

Hopefully it can/will be restored correctly. Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

• 2 weeks later...

So - what would be the true value of the car when done? Cost to restore it?

White interiors are nice but tough to find if ya have to look. Black interiors are MUCH easier to locate.

I see a neat and rare opportunity. Really depends on the price and what is missing.

I wonder if it has just one chrome door mirror? I'd love to see more info including the Marti and/or invoice.

Hopefully it can/will be restored correctly. Ray

It would need new paint and other ods and ends, I'm not into verts but it being a rare car it would be a good concours restore car candidate. He wants 13,000 for it which is too much for me.

That would be $13,000 ? Canadian ? It like only $5,000 US right?

I'm in Ontario, where is the car located

Special K

• 5 months later...

That would be $13,000 ? Canadian ? It like only $5,000 US right?

I'm in Ontario, where is the car located

Nova scotia

We need a lot more info on this car including very current pictures. Pics need to show the under body structure, interior and any areas of concern to a prospective buyer. If drive train is out of the car - need pics of all that including stamping/casting number if available.

Sounds like the car has been for sale for quite a long time...

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys but it sure looks like this guy was fishing us to determine a value. - Maybe he already bought it or is trying to.

Otherwise he would have shared the info by now. Sounds like the car needs some work. As a reminder - neither of the cars in the pics are THIS actual car.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Guest Pastel Blue

Sorry guys but it sure looks like this guy was fishing us to determine a value. - Maybe he already bought it or is trying to.

Otherwise he would have shared the info by now. Sounds like the car needs some work. As a reminder - neither of the cars in the pics are THIS actual car.

Ray

Yeah..., re-reading his approach to this, very vague responses... If we knew where it was in Nova Scotia, I would drop in to look at it, heading there next week...

OK here is a quick update:

Apparently a few members have communicated with this poster. From what they have told me, he located the car and was curious about its value but learned the owner had priced the car WAY over market value. (maybe current owner doesn't really want to sell) This has been confirmed in that all the different PM's I rec'd stories all match.

So at least for now - this car is effectively off the market...

Thanks guys!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

• 1 month later...

Apparently a few members have communicated with this poster. From what they have told me, he located the car and was curious about its value but learned the owner had priced the car WAY over market value. (maybe current owner doesn't really want to sell) This has been confirmed in that all the different PM's I rec'd stories all match.

Thanks guys!

Ray

different having people talk about you on the site, I gave up because he wanted 15k canadian for the car, and yes I dont think hes in a hurry to sell it , but your welcome to contact me if your in the area and we will go visit him.

Thanks guys!

Ray

different having people talk about you on the site, I gave up because he wanted 15k canadian for the car, and yes I dont think hes in a hurry to sell it , but your welcome to contact me if your in the area and we will go visit him.

im sure everyone has cars in there back pockets that they dont tell people all the details about lol , if I have the cash just laying around I'll buy it someday or if any of you contact me and buy it I would appreciate a finders fee , only fair I did the leg work and research on finding it