7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALWAYS SOMETHING

Reaction score
My Car
New to me 1972 coupe 302 with a c4 that will be swapped out soon for a 351 ho with a c6.
over all a solid car but needs alot
I would like to say hello and thank you in advance for all the help with new and old posts.

I picked up a 72 coupe with a 302 4brrl. and a c4 auto were a manual was. I am in the beginning stage of swapping the 5.0 for a 5.8w with a c6.

The coupe its self had some floor replacement done that is not great.

needs door adjustment along with new window rubber and seats.

Seams like the more I look the more bad I find.:shootself:. The dash power is another bad find, have to go through and get everything working. Need to check the heater core also but its probably bad.

The 5.0 was smoking and making some bad noise so I picked a 5.8 and c6 out of an old fire company f250 2x4. I think at this point I will take it to a machine shop and bore it 30 over and do a high torque low rpm cam and have them look at the heads also.

So at the end of the day this car is supposed to be a daily driver to get to work and around town. Any input to the build would be helpful and accepted. places to pick up parts seats, body ??. Hope fully the 5.8w is a good choice. Also ill try to get some pics in as I go.

Thanks again

Howdy from Phoenix.

Regarding the C6. Check the linkage on the transmission. This varies depending on application and if you need to change it out you want to do it while the transmission is apart (since that's what it takes to swap it out)...

Or go with a cable.

Welcome to the group. I think you will like it here.

I would like to say hello and thank you in advance for all the help with new and old posts.

I picked up a 72 coupe with a 302 4brrl. and a c4 auto were a manual was. I am in the beginning stage of swapping the 5.0 for a 5.8w with a c6.

The coupe its self had some floor replacement done that is not great.

needs door adjustment along with new window rubber and seats.

Seams like the more I look the more bad I find.:shootself:. The dash power is another bad find, have to go through and get everything working. Need to check the heater core also but its probably bad.

The 5.0 was smoking and making some bad noise so I picked a 5.8 and c6 out of an old fire company f250 2x4. I think at this point I will take it to a machine shop and bore it 30 over and do a high torque low rpm cam and have them look at the heads also.

So at the end of the day this car is supposed to be a daily driver to get to work and around town. Any input to the build would be helpful and accepted. places to pick up parts seats, body ??. Hope fully the 5.8w is a good choice. Also ill try to get some pics in as I go.

Thanks again
@ p/u parts-maybe not rubber gaskets but after looking at mustang pats-specialty parts for availability and cost - check from 7173 face book to here and actually when finding an accumulation of parts in your garage for only $25 to upgrade as a VIP member, you have further rights to .....and selling them here. I can relate to condition we thought it was when we purchased ours then the further closer w looked.....the more we found. Not necessarily on how much we paid-the more the better condition....mine though new could not trust for the low sticker and the bound and determine to get to work w/for the options it had.....you can see for yourself of my 300+ photos on my photo album-could sense once I sand blasted the body, to see what was under the gunk and of coures w/ 156,000 miles on the odometer.

Back