Shelby Block Tech: Ford’s Plasma Transfer Wire Arc

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sports Roof Fastback (early model)
1973 Coupe -Under rebuild/restore
Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool technology thanks for posting . As a hot rodder The only problem I see is if there's some kind of failure it's a new block. LS engines are bad enough with only 10thou available in the bore

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is so awesome stuff 😎 Which I think it would be the future of our engine's. This is just the beginning of its debut. But as Luke said the down side of this is. The engine is finished . But I don't know if it can be found a way to do thise plasma work on it again. Then it's the best way to go for eny engines... Regarding to push the miles pr gallon limit. Which is important for all car company. Regards Lars

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 😎

What's great is this process can be used to refinish cast iron blocks. Say you have a 030 over block that is worn but not damaged they can build up the surface and rehone for new pistons and rings with a more durable finish. Might save your numbers matching block..:D

What's great is this process can be used to refinish cast iron blocks. Say you have a 030 over block that is worn but not damaged they can build up the surface and rehone for new pistons and rings with a more durable finish. Might save your numbers matching block..:D
Never thought of it that way. That's cool

Back