April 15-17 2016 MCA Nat. St. Augustine FL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Not sure if anyone in the FL area or on the forum plans to attend the MCA National Show in St. Augustine in April. I have planned to trailer the 72 down with another club member and his car from Memphis. We will arrive late on Friday and be at the show Saturday and Sunday. I will include a link to the show for anyone who is interested. It would be great to meet some other members if interested.

http://www.jmcmustang.net/Ancient-City-National

Will be there also! Bringing the '72 Mach 1. Can't wait!

Did anyone register for the dinner cruise on Saturday night? Think its to Aunt Kates...

I did not. We will do the Friday night sight seeing tour for the benefit of the trolly passes over the weekend. My wife will be along and a friend of mine and his wife. We figured the ladies could take the trolly around town for sight seeing and shopping while we did the car show. We are going to do a straight through drive down on Friday. Leave Memphis around 3am to beat the close of the show field by 5pm. 11 hour drive with a time change will be cutting it close. My wife is not a morning person so I am sure she will sleep for the first 4-5 hours of the drive.

That is a drive! We do the Orlando to Nashville run, 11 hours also. Manage about three stops and plenty of coffee!

I did not. We will do the Friday night sight seeing tour for the benefit of the trolly passes over the weekend. My wife will be along and a friend of mine and his wife. We figured the ladies could take the trolly around town for sight seeing and shopping while we did the car show. We are going to do a straight through drive down on Friday. Leave Memphis around 3am to beat the close of the show field by 5pm. 11 hour drive with a time change will be cutting it close. My wife is not a morning person so I am sure she will sleep for the first 4-5 hours of the drive.

That is a drive! We do the Orlando to Nashville run, 11 hours also. Manage about three stops and plenty of coffee!

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a man day. I'll bring the arsenal, so we can all do the car show, then hit the range followed drinks and pool. :angel:::devil::

Sounds like the perfect day!

Same here. Staying at the Hampton Inn downtown. Getting anxious. Still have my new urethane bumper at the body shop getting painted. I need that sucker back to get it re-fitted.

Getting ready to pack up and hit the road. Way to much time spent working on the car the last 2 weeks and working on some improvements to the trailer. Not looking forward to the long drive, but looking forward to a great show. Hope to see others there.

Heading up from Orlando Friday morning with a goal to be there by 12p. Want to get the Mustangs ('72 Mach 1 and 2004 Roush) registered and in side before the rain gets too bad. Staying over at the Southern Oaks about 1/2 mile up the road. So, hope to meet and see a bunch of folks with the '70 series Mustangs and see what they have done.

It was a long trip to and back from St. Augustine this past weekend, but the show was great. I did not have the opportunity to meet any of the other members. Hopefully another time.

We left out Friday AM out of Memphis at 2:30am and made good time until Jacksonville, FL. Hit 2 bad traffic jams and we were 15 minutes late to get the trailer in the show parking area. Another 45 minutes at the Hampton Inn trying to get that parked and I was beat for the day. Saturday turned out to be a great day. Sunday started off gray and dreary but ended up getting Sunny while in the awards ceremony.

It was a great first MCA show for me and the Mach. Ended up winning a Gold in the 71-73 Concourse division. Met some great folks and enjoyed the weekend.

St Augustine4v2.jpg

St Augustine3v2.jpg

St Augustine.jpg

St Augustine5v2.jpg

Back