hole in motor????

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gosse_84

Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang mach 1 H code
red and black with white interior
351c 2v for now, switching to 4v
This is a donar motor so im not worried about using this block but for information sake i would like to know what may have caused this hole?

This is a donar motor so im not worried about using this block but for information sake i would like to know what may have caused this hole?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for picture (s).

Don't see any attached

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
I know i done it twice now and nothing...... but its in the intake valley with the lifters just behind the distributor. About the size of a quarter but not quite.

Screenshot_2016-01-13-21-09-08.png

Yep, that is on every single 351c out there. I think it must be the naval whe re e it was attached to its mother..

Use the block.

dump oil down on the cam gear

Like someone said it is normal and part of the casting process.

If you think that is weird look at the main bearing caps on a 7 series BMW. They cast them in place bore the mains, drill the holes for the main caps then just break them off. They put the bearings in and crank and bolt them back. They claim is more rigid than machining and matching. They were done this way back in 90's might have changed by now. Maybe part of the reason it was voted the worst car in the world last year.

David

Ok cool. And how about this one then...... looks like a patvh job... dont look good anyways

20151226_111230.jpg

Lol ok thanks. Plan to take it apart soon

It's normal. There is also a hole just like it in many other Ford engines. I have one on the 289 I'm working on. I believe Ford did it to control windage throughout the engine.

Sounds good thanks guys. Ill post pixks whwn i get it apart foe the oher unknown.

Back