1972 Q code new carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugbyguytx

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code Stang.
Who has updated their q code 72 with a new carb? Should I go Holley or edelbrock or another brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a Holley w/a Edelbrock Performer intake on mine & I'm very happy I changed.
I read up on carbs on this site and will order a Holley when I am close to start time for the project. I have 2 Autolite 4300's that I could rebuild, but it looks like Holley is a better way to spend my money.

kcmash

I put a Holley w/an Edelbrock Performer intake on mine & I'm very happy I changed.
After couple of kids I am finally back on the project... and have a couple of questions JPaz.

What engine did you have?  What intake did you get? 

I bought an edelbrock carb for my 351C-4V CJ and even with a spacer plate it is not a right fit so (Air leaking and without the spacer the bottom valves on the carb bind on the intake manifold seat...  soooo... I have two options.. buy some other carb that will fit or.. I am looking at the Edelbrock Performer AirGap intake manifold and might do that.

I believe this may work. https://www.jegs.com/i/Trans-Dapt/969/2199/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710650299&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15769068431&CATCI=aud-646916420832:pla-176556257111&CATARGETID=230006180003463651&cadevice=c&jegspromo=thirdparty&gclid=CjwKCAjwy_XaBRAWEiwApfjKHgl3S76sfhRv6mO0SJEDMMh2TncAZS_FZpkoC64aNltqAYIRhA_GbhoCAeUQAvD_BwE

If you decide to buy a new carb look at the Quick Fuel Slayer or Hot Rod series. Complete adjustability to calibrate it to you particular setup. Chuck

I have changed my intake manifold to a Blue Thunder and have just recently changed my carb to a Quickfuel 735 HR. My car is running better than ever! Starts very easy, even after sitting for a week. I am really happy with this setup.

I have heard good things about the air gap manifold too, but I have never had one. I do highly recommend the Quickfuel carb though.

Back