• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

351c Ram-Air air cleaner base

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeZapU

Reaction score
My Car
12 GT
73 Mach 1
85 GT
66 F-100
I am selling an Original Ram-Air air cleaner base. I removed it from my 1973 Mach 1 because my new engine combo was taller and I decided to modify an aftermarket Dynacorn air cleaner than cut up an original. I do not ever see myself returning my car to anything other than it's current configuration, so rather than it sitting on a shelf for the next few decades I decided I should probably just sell it. My car is not an original Ram-Air car anyways.

I cane across this air cleaner and other Ram-Air parts back in 2001. It needed some restoration work from rust pitting, but it wasn't anything too serious. It was just arduous because it's not a flat surface to work. Lots of nooks and crannies. This was back before the reproductions came out so I went through a lot of effort and money with this.

Some of the paint is chipped and faded from years of use but nothing that cant be easily fixed with a quick repaint. The two nutplates that retain the snorkel were missing when I got it. I assume they rusted and came free from the housing from trying to get the screws out. I simply used some nylon step washers and hardware to retain the snorkel. Looks original once installed. You can't really see or notice it anyways. I just wanted to mention it since it's the only non stock part about it. I included the hardware.

I know when these pop up on eBay they try and get silly money for them. I do not know how any sell at that price. I'm asking for $500 for forum members plus shipping which is believe is fair for an original in this condition.

image_zps7x4ty8s2.jpeg

image_zpsc0vekv2u.jpeg

image_zpsbbj3dhsm.jpeg

image_zpsimwgncrq.jpeg

image_zpsqiaflo4y.jpeg

image_zps6dovg9dm.jpeg

Back