Losing my mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasFastback

Reaction score
My Car
'72 fastback, 302, Fmx
I know I don't post very often, but you guys are the only ones I can share this with. In Jan of 2013 I moved from Henderson, NV to Glide, OR. My mustang sorta ran before going up but was taken out of commission by a tranny problem shortly after arriving, and I didn't have the money to fix it. It took a year and a half for me to get a license to work in my trade(electrician). My poor mustang just sat that whole time. Dec of 2014 I finally got a good paying job in my trade and started making money. We were catching up on bills and in no time I would be able to start putting my attention on getting the mustang running again. Then came the rain. The property we moved to is on a mountain and the neighbor above me has a road that continually washes out. Just before the rain he did a huge amount of work and turned the road into a monstrosity. When the rain came it brought a landslide underneath his road and down to my driveway destroying it. We managed to fix it and move ourselves and 90% of our things out before the landslide crushed it again, but the mustang wasn't one of them. It is still trapped on the other side of the slide. Up until today, the complete inability to get it out has kept me from thinking about the car and how I might lose it, but today when my wife visited the property we found out that the shed my brother-in-law was doing rent to own on had been repossessed. The company did a hack job moving some dirt to create a ramp down and back out of the ditch the driveway used to cross. This event has caused me quite a stir because now it might actually be possible to get the car. However, even if that is so, it is now too late. We will be moving to Ontario Canada in June, so I would be risking my neck to get the car only to have to sell it before the move in June. I just, this sucks. I have sacrificed so many times to try to keep this car and now, no matter what it's gone. I'm really at a loss.

Hi there,

Wow, that's an incredible, bad, hard luck chain of events that have beset you. I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

You have my full sympathy Sir. The only thing i can think of is trying to get some sort of compensation for yourself. Have you looked into exploring all avenues to do with compo, you possibly can, regarding this terrible situation?

Greg.

Very unfortunate. Life throws us curves on a regular basis, a test of our will to fight back and move forward. I hope you are able to do something about the car before moving to Ontario. On that note, I would like to welcome you to our Province. Depending on where you move to here, there is a large Mustang following and I am sure you will be able to hook up with other Mustang people. Do what you can with your current situation, then move forward. You can always get another 'Stang in your new adopted home! Cheers

Last edited:
Hi there,

Wow, that's an incredible, bad, hard luck chain of events that have beset you. I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

You have my full sympathy Sir. The only thing i can think of is trying to get some sort of compensation for yourself. Have you looked into exploring all avenues to do with compo, you possibly can, regarding this terrible situation?

Greg.
We're currently trying to to do just that. It might work out.

Very unfortunate. Life throws us curves on a regular basis, a test of our will to fight back and move forward. I hope you are able to do something about the car before moving to Ontario. On that note, I would like to welcome you to our Province. Depending on where you move to here, there is a large Mustang following and I am sure you will be able to hook up with other Mustang people. Do what you can with your current situation, then move forward. You can always get another 'Stang in your new adopted home! Cheers
I'll be moving to Ingersoll. My folks already moved there about 2 years ago with my brother. They have an old ranch house there that was separated out for three families at one point.

Well, the good news is that they get lots of snow (whiteouts) in that area of the Province at times... The main Hwy - 401 can be an issue during these times in the winter, bring your snow tires. Overall though, it is a nice area of the Province.

Nearby the City of London, Ont. has a large Mustang following there.

I am in Smithville (Niagara) about 30 mins. from the Buffalo border.

Cheers

Well, the good news is that they get lots of snow (whiteouts) in that area of the Province at times... The main Hwy - 401 can be an issue during these times in the winter, bring your snow tires. Overall though, it is a nice area of the Province.

Nearby the City of London, Ont. has a large Mustang following there.

I am in Smithville (Niagara) about 30 mins. from the Buffalo border.

Cheers
That's good to know. I think my uncle still lives in London, it might be Kitchner now though.

So, on Tuesday I went back with a car dolly in a hail mary attempt to save the mustang. I got about halfway across the "driveway" before the trailer got stuck. I had to unhitch in order to get my truck out, just leaving the mustang in the muck. I was pretty defeated at the end of the night. Wednesday I call a tow truck and luckily my daughter gets out of school an hour early then, which allowed my wife to meet the tow company there. They winched the mustang and car dolly out together hitched them back up and now the mustang is safely home. I glad to have it back. It was torture knowing something had gotten off the property but my car was still stuck there. Thank you for listening.

Back