• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Time for her to go. 71 429 SCJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible 351c 4v 4 speed

2013 Mustang Boss 302
Life can change in a hurry and mine has. I'm downsizing a bit so that I'm able to retire at 46. That means some sacrifices have to be made and in my case that means my 71 Mach 1 429 SCJ has got to go. Asking price is 46k. I bought her about 16 months ago from an ad on this site. I've put quite a bit of work into her including:

Replaced original 4 speed (included with sale) and now has a Tremec TKO-600 5 speed with original style Hurst shifter

Replaced clutch

New 4.10 posi rear gears

New drive shaft

Brakes gone through and all in good working order, including a new proportioning valve

New Holley 750 carb

Full MSD ignition setup

Dyno tuned – 305 horsepower and 355 torque at the rear wheels

Car has been repainted and the hood and stripe work are flawless

New tires less thank 1k miles

Magnaflow Mufflers – sounds incredible

Forgot to add: Complete Grab-a-Track suspension package from Mustangs Plus.

Contact me through PM first through this site. I'll be happy to discuss everything and email more pictures.

27zgtis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi There,

Yeah, as Jeff just stated, i'm also sorry you're letting this baby go too. A beautiful car indeed. I hope you end up getting a good settling price too.

But wow! That's close to $71,000.00 Australian plus shipping and import costs.

Also, just a friendly hint if i may - check your adjustment of your passenger's side hood lock down, as it appears to be pulling down the sheet metal around it badly.

BTW - that's great retiring at 46, i can't retire until i'm 67 because of my overall financial situation. Hope you enjoy it all.

Let us know how you end up getting on as it all unfolds.

All the best,

Greg.:)

Joel,

Can't believe your selling the 429SCJ! I'm sure you have a good reason though. The car is truly beautiful. Are you keeping the other Mustang?

By the way, retiring at your age should give you plenty of time to enjoy life, retirement is truly great as many on this site can probably attest to. Good luck with your sale.

One year away from retirement myself ( I'll be 56) can't wait... I am going in the reverse direction though, as I purchased my 71 429 vert last fall and will have it restored by the time I retire so I can just enjoy at that point in time.

46 is very young to retire and having to sell off your fun... Hope your plans moving forward will keep you in the hobby.

Nice car, love the colour scheme. Good luck.

"check your adjustment of your passenger's side hood lock down, as it appears to be pulling down the sheet metal around it badly."

Ditto - it's really apparent in the pic. Back off about 5-6 turns on the threads!

Good luck.

I understand your reasoning and you have to do what you have to do. I just turned 60 two weeks ago and I hoping to retire in a couple of years but my car won't be part of that discussion. I'm willing that to a family member so it can stay in the family for a while longer after I'm gone and forgotten.

"check your adjustment of your passenger's side hood lock down, as it appears to be pulling down the sheet metal around it badly."

Ditto - it's really apparent in the pic. Back off about 5-6 turns on the threads!

Good luck.
The hood was fixed long ago, this is an older picture. I'm still keeping my 71 convertible (forever) and have a GT350 on order. I'll probably be selling my 12 Boss LS when the GT350 gets in this spring. If/when I sell the Boss I'll probably be looking for a clean fox body to tinker with and enjoy. Maybe even build up a drag car as it is something I've wanted to get into for awhile.

Good luck.
The hood was fixed long ago, this is an older picture. I'm still keeping my 71 convertible (forever) and have a GT350 on order. I'll probably be selling my 12 Boss LS when the GT350 gets in this spring. If/when I sell the Boss I'll probably be looking for a clean fox body to tinker with and enjoy. Maybe even build up a drag car as it is something I've wanted to get into for awhile.
Joel,

Let me know when you get that GT350. I would like to borrow it for a few days to see if I want one too.

Let me know if you sell your LS as I need one for my wife to track since she grabbed my 12 Boss last year and won't give it back to me. Picked up my 350R last November, can't wait to drive it in the spring!!!!

15 GT-350R.JPG

12 Boss3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck.
Joel,

Let me know when you get that GT350. I would like to borrow it for a few days to see if I want one too.
Sure Mike. How about I let you put the first 1000 miles on her? lollerz

Time to get serious about getting this car sold so bumping back to the top. My GT350 arrived and I've put almost 1000 miles on her in the last 10 days. What an amazing car!!!

Back