1973 Convertible in Maine CL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsguy

Reaction score
My Car
1968 GT/CS California Special
I wouldn't go further without the VIN, seems suspicious that he won't give it up, also make sure he has the title. Could be a good project, I paid 1500 for a completely rusted out 73 vert with 351 and fmx. Should be a good project eventually....

Whether he knows what it is or not, he should be able to supply you the VIN so you can look it up, make sure its not stolen, etc

He did not know what a Marti report was.

Sounds like he has heard various opinions about giving out the VIN... If he does not know what a Marti report is, he just may be someone who is not sure what to do...

I look at a lot of these and I would not even consider an F code for a build espectially with rust. At least an H or Q and you will still not be able to sell for a profit.

Been watching the Mecum auction in Florida online. The price of collector cars has taken the biggest fall I have ever seen. They are into the Catalog cars or the cream of the crop. Some examples with their stock numbers so you can go look them up.

F69.1 1969 GTO Judge Red R.A. III 4 speed. perfect restore sold for $47,000.

F49 1968 Plymouth Hemi Road Runner. One of 22 built for export but did not leave U.S. Did not sale $70,000 max bid.

F51.1 Boss 302 1970 sold for $50,000.

F52 Ferrari 308 GTS Targa Red sold for $47,000.

F61 1968 Corvette, both tops, 427, 425 HP, 3-2 sold for $40,000.

All of these are as much a 50% below last years prices. Looks like the collector car market has a knee jerk reaction and prices are falling.

Take your time looking and a great car will show up.

David

I look at a lot of these and I would not even consider an F code for a build espectially with rust. At least an H or Q and you will still not be able to sell for a profit.

Been watching the Mecum auction in Florida online. The price of collector cars has taken the biggest fall I have ever seen. They are into the Catalog cars or the cream of the crop. Some examples with their stock numbers so you can go look them up.

F69.1 1969 GTO Judge Red R.A. III 4 speed. perfect restore sold for $47,000.

F49 1968 Plymouth Hemi Road Runner. One of 22 built for export but did not leave U.S. Did not sale $70,000 max bid.

F51.1 Boss 302 1970 sold for $50,000.

F52 Ferrari 308 GTS Targa Red sold for $47,000.

F61 1968 Corvette, both tops, 427, 425 HP, 3-2 sold for $40,000.

All of these are as much a 50% below last years prices. Looks like the collector car market has a knee jerk reaction and prices are falling.

Take your time looking and a great car will show up.

David
I agree with what you said,I would like to find an H or Q code convertible project. This guy told me it had a 351 but when I asked him about the 5th digit of vin he told me it was an F -code.

Will keep looking...no real hurry

Thanks for your feedback

Back