replacement glass

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 restored in the original light pewter metallic with TMI interior and custom stereo from Pacific Car Audio
I know there are posts on this but I sure can't find them. What is the best source for replacement side and read glass? Maxine looks too nice to have scratched glass or at least as scratched as she has

I got some from Laurel Mountain Mustang but I wasn't concerned with correct markings. Rear window was about $400.00 and door around $200.00. Are you looking for glass with the correct etching marks? I have also seen some sites that can provide this.

No, not really concerned with the etching. We are getting the rear window pulled and replaced with the correct type seal so we can get the trim to stay down. Everything else looks so good but the mediocre glass brings the rest of it down

No, not really concerned with the etching. We are getting the rear window pulled and replaced with the correct type seal so we can get the trim to stay down. Everything else looks so good but the mediocre glass brings the rest of it down
There is nothing like new glass :p

I just bought all new glass for my green 72 came in yesterday...I'm pretty sure all the replacement glass made for our cars comes from 1 place, pmk

Then sold through different vendors.

My initial inspection of the glass it appears to look really nice match the contours pretty much dead on..We shall see once I start installing. Doing all the weather strips and fuzzies too.

I got a killer deal on the complete set every piece (front-rear-doors-qtr windows) all new 680.00 delivered to my door

I purchased from auto city classic glass

I will be detailing the install in my build thread

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-green-72-fastback-former-429-460?pid=252346#pid252346

IMG_1695.JPGIMG_1694.JPG

WOW Scott, that seems like a smoking good deal. My front and back windows are new. But I definitely need the door and quarter glass. My door windows look like SH*T!! Lots of scratches. Looks like something else to add to the list.

What is the trick on getting the deal? I just added the side and rear windows to my cart and I am $697 before shipping

What is the trick on getting the deal? I just added the side and rear windows to my cart and I am $697 before shipping
Call on the phone tell them you saw the glass set they have on ebay for 539.00 and you want to order

539.00 for the glass 140.00 shipping to a residential address=679.00

Just a note --the side glass is for manual windows non power

WOW Scott, that seems like a smoking good deal. My front and back windows are new. But I definitely need the door and quarter glass. My door windows look like SH*T!! Lots of scratches. Looks like something else to add to the list.
It's a really good deal and they only had like 9 sets left but you have to buy the entire set.

The scratches are caused by the fuzzies AND the adjustment blocks in the the door I've got a quick mod to the blocks so they won't scratch the glass. Will detail in the install pics to come

Last edited by a moderator:
Call on the phone tell them you saw the glass set they have on ebay for 539.00 and you want to order

It's a really good deal and they only had like 9 sets left but you have to buy the entire set.

The scratches are caused by the fuzzies AND the adjustment blocks in the the door I've got a quick mod to the blocks so they won't scratch the glass. Will detail in the install pics to come
Nice!! Thanks Scott! I was looking at them on ebay.

I didn't need the windshield and shipping to us is $110 so ended up at about $510 for both door, quarters and rear glass

:thankyouyellow::thankyouyellow::thankyouyellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the drivers side door glass from Auto City Glass and had them put the date codes on it since all my other glass was original. Came in prefect with a great fit.

Back