NEW GLASS INSTALL

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Q's posting history, he last posted way back in 2017 although it also shows he was here looking in May 2 at 10 am. I for one miss his  expertise and technical knowledge. I particularly enjoyed his "Saturday Morning Garage" videos. The man is a wealth of knowledge.

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

Nice review Scott!!! 

"Removing the 2 upper adjusting blocks and finally the 3 nuts that hold the glass to regulator plate."

I just want to add that for 73 the front windows are held in by rivets instead of nuts and bolts.  I had to get the nuts from Don when I put my windows back on.  This was for the Mach, not sure if all 73's were that way.  You have to use a grinder to remove the heads of the 3 rivets.  Other than that the rest the others windows are the same for all models.

I have never had to remove them to get the windows out. I have taken PW and manual out. Ford never makes the assembly difficult on the line. If I remember right there is a wide place at the front of the door and you drop the plastic pieces in there and rotate the window in or out. No need to remove them ever unless you need to replace a broken one. Will try to get some pics.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David