Intro

Blmeis

IMG_20151222_175701567.thumb.jpg.c1b4ceff2d3eb799a0b5c6ea9940fb66.jpgHi everyone. I'm Brian from San Antonio, TX. I have a 73 Mustang Convertible I'm currently restoring. Trying to get it road ready by this spring so we can go cruise the hill country!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks! I was having some bad knock when she warmed up. I decided to have my 351C 4bbl rebuilt since it hadn't been done before so the engine is in the shop for about another week. Once I get the engine back and get it back in the car I'm gonna have to figure out why my steering is so loose!

Welcome from Oregon.

You'll find a lot of threads in the forum about loose steering. I'd start with the rag joint and then the idler arm.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from Denmark [WINKING FACE] Regards Lars DK73

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 😎

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Welcome From Rhode Island.

Howdy from Phoenix and from another 73 vert owner. I really like the way your car looks. The hood stripes are a nice touch. The lack of chrome molding works well with the color/stripes/top color too. And I like the wheels!

Oh, and you won't get the engine back in another week. haha. Machine shops and painters are never on time. :)

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Now THAT's a cool vert. I looked at it and immediately exclaimed "wow!". My wife said the same btw.

Congrats!!!

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Pretty car, good luck with your project. as to the loose steering, inspect the ball joints and the idler and pitman arms. There is a procedure to adjust the steering box as well. Often a good modern alignment makes a lot of difference too.

When I bought my car and drove it home, it was terrifying the steering was so bad. An alignment cured most of the problems. Shocks made a huge difference as well.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome from Iowa. Nice ride. I am in the process of chasing my down the wayward steering in mine too. I have determined the springs and shocks are shot as are the ball joints and all the bushings as they are all 1973 original.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome, I love seeing another Texan join in. I just wish some of us could get together for a ride, that would look cool with 10-15 cars on the road together.

How about power tour? Its going all thru Texas. Would be a great time to cruise and represent 71-73 styl

Oh yeah, welcome from Nashville

adpic.jpg

Welcome from France.

Your garage looks very clean, as your car.

My garage is dirty, like my Mach1 (but I work on it) ::thumb::

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

Welcome from France.

Your garage looks very clean, as your car.

My garage is dirty, like my Mach1 (but I work on it) ::thumb::

Not that clean anymore. Parts scattered across floor, engine hoist sitting in my way as I trip over it daily, two buckets of radiator fluid waiting to be taken to the recycle center, the list goes on! Can't wait to get the engine back!

Welcome, I love seeing another Texan join in. I just wish some of us could get together for a ride, that would look cool with 10-15 cars on the road together.

That would be pretty cool! Got to get my engine back and get this baby running again! Quick question. I moved back here from TN so car still has a TN plate=no state inspection. When I change over to TX plates will I need to hook up all EGR stuff to pass state veh inspection or do they pass you on this due to having a "antique" car?

Hello from Mississippi. The pewter and black along with those wheels sure looks "Right" on your convertible. Welcome aboard!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!