instrument panel/dash end

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Hey folks,

For my '73 Grande I'm looking for a piece of plastic that sits on the driver's side end of the instrument panel. In the below picture it's the part in the center:

IMG_0051.JPG

I hope it's clear enough coz I took the pic while removing the instrument cluster. I have no idea what the part is called in English and hence I have zero idea what to google for...

Does anybody know what it's called or better, where I can get a new one?

Cheers,

Vincent.

I believe it's called the dash panel end cap. I do not think these are reproduced yet. You'll have to find a used one. Ryan

That is what Ford called a "Finish End Panel" for the instrument panel. Part number is D1ZZ-6504393-A. It was a seldom needed or replaced part so it wasn't in the parts system long. It was used from 71-73 on all body style Mustangs, so if you can find any parts cars in your area you could source one from one of them. If not you could always contact Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply (Forum member and Site Vender) as he has some parts cars and could probably help you. Good Luck!

Thanks both of you!

I tried looking for Don but there are 4 of them... Don C, Don29163, Don61 and Don65Stang. Which one is it that I should send a message to?

Cheers,

Vincent.

Unfortunately, Don has none. And I'm still looking for one so if anybody has/knows about one, please let me know!

Thanks!

Probably not a lot of 71-73 parts cars in your area. Sorry your search has not turned up anything Thought sure Don would have one, but I guess as cars are parted out a seldom used/needed part as that is often thrown away. Try these people: http://greensalescompany.com/pages/pn/D1ZZ6504393A.html I checked by part number and they show inventory. All the contact info is there so you can explain your location and unique shipping needs. This is a good source to look for Ford parts. They buy old/obsolete inventory from Ford dealers (my dealer has sold to them). Just need your number because you have to search by Ford part number.

Good luck Vinnie! ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, Don has none. And I'm still looking for one so if anybody has/knows about one, please let me know!

Thanks!
I believe I have one.... I can look if you haven't found one.

Vinnie,

I probably have one will have to look tomorrow. Do you need black? It is painted with the black metallic paint which I think I can do also if interested.

If I have the part will be say $5.00 plus shipping. Have to keep our friends over the pond happy. I think our USPS in envelope is best way to get there and say it is gift so no import duty.

No guarantee if I have or not but think that I do. Might have blue also.

David

@ bob: I cannot reply to your PM because your mailbox here is full. Also there was no picture attached to the PM you sent me.

@ David: I need a standard (matte) black one. I'd pass on painted ones, thanks!

@ bob: I cannot reply to your PM because your mailbox here is full. Also there was no picture attached to the PM you sent me.

@ David: I need a standard (matte) black one. I'd pass on painted ones, thanks!
sorry Vinnie....I didn't realize it mailbox was full. I have it cleaned out now. here is the picture I attached to the pm. you can see it here with a bunch of parts I was taking pictures of. If you're interested in it go ahead and send me a pm.

20150801_161549.jpg

Vinnie, I think I might have one in my attic. If I do it will be black. I will look over the weekend. As it so happens I will be in Amsterdam in the not too distant future. If I have the part I can toss it in my luggage for ya. I will post back up on Saturday or Sunday.

Vinnie, I found it. Mine is used. I pulled it off my very first car (and mustang) 31 years ago. It is scuffed up a bit, one of the holes is a little messed up and there is some wear and tear. I would desribe it as 'usable'. Certainly not 'new' or 'show quality'. But it is yours if you need it. PM me. I will be in Amsterdam in the not too distant future and can toss it in my luggage.

Back