Is this legit? if it is i'm buying it!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not listed on their website they give in the ad. Cheap!! Wonder what the deal is.

We all here will tell you that they did not make a Mach 1 convertible. You could get the side stripes like on 71 & 72 on a 73 convertible but you had to have the Decor Group that blacked out the lower and had the aluminum strips.

They pretty much do not know anything about the car it is an F code which would be a 302 and they say a 351 Windsor 5 liter. The only 351 Windsors were in a few Mexican built mustangs and a 5 liter engine is a 302 not 351. I would question everything about the car before buying and see it in person. Probably full of body filler and rust. Shiny to hide all the sins.

David

Yeah never seen a convertible mach or a 5.0 351, they have no idea what they have

To many questions not enough originality needs documentation and thorough inspection before I'd consider it. We all know the stripes are wrong and the engine is questionable but at that price what else could be wrong and how much sin is being covered in tape and Bondo and how solid are the floors and supports and torque boxes. Lots to question even if it's real and legal.

Most definitely have a qualified individual with you if you go check this out. They may spot something you don't and maybe keep you from buying a mistake. I just went through this with a friend who was so excited about the car, didn't listen to reason, and spent $10,000 on a car that will take $10,000 to fix. It now occupies space in his garage and it doesn't pay rent! ;)

I think a lot of people just put MACH graphics on anything to look cool. Never heard of a MACH I convertible

Of course there are Mach 1 Convertibles. They are all over the Internet and we all know that the Internet does not lie.

Now what's really rare is a Frank Cone Mach 1 GT Convertible.

"Now what's really rare is a Frank Cone Mach 1 GT Convertible."

Since I'm reading that on the Internet in this forum I know now that it's true. Darn, another missed opportunity to own a car that will make me rich!

You could get everything on a vert that you could the Mach 1 but the rear spoiler and the words Mach 1. You could get the stripes on any model.

You could get the 429 CJ and SCJ along with the HO and CJ and Q code so not much difference except no roof and vert is heavier most times.

In 1973 all the Mach 1 option got you was

Trim rings and Hub caps that came on every car.

Dual Racing Mirrors.

Competition Suspension.

The color keyed carpet with the plastic insert.

All vinyl bucket seats which came on every car.

At times the racing mirrors came on the verts so you are down to Comp. suspension, the plastic piece in the carpet and the tape lettering for Mach 1 is only difference in the Mach 1. Not much there.

Everything else was an added cost just like on the Vert.

Just shows you what a piece of tape will do for the price of a vehicle.

David

Back