Just got my new sheet metal from OMS.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1 Factory J-Code 429SCJ w/ Drag Pak
Been waiting 20 years for full NOS type quarter panels, front cowl and firewall. Also bought full one piece floor, one piece trunk floor, inner & outer wheel houses, rear valance and both kick panels. 1/4's look nice as does everything else.

Congratulations, that you got all this nice pieces. I would have need them a year earlier on the market. Had to repair my right quarter with a cut out section from Don OHIO Mustangs.

Please keep posting pictures from the body work.

Greetings from Europe

Wolfgang

Welcome to the forums from Ohio

Don

Thanks for the business - appreciate it

Welcome to the Forum and let us know for sure about the fit of the panels. You should do some measuring of the parts before you remove the old. I have a friend that did restorations and he found some really big differences in metal for a 1968 Cobra Jet Mach 1, front fenders were way off. It took lots of work to make things fit correctly. Hope they learned and made these better.

David

Hello from Mississippi. Wow, that was nice order of sheet metal. I know Don appreciates those type of parts orders, especially from forum members. Please keep us informed on the "Fit" of your panels when you start your project. A lot has been said about the quality and fit of repo sheet metal (comments which can't be printed here)! Dynacorn has come a long way since repo sheet metal first appeared. And...welcome to your new Mustang home.

Welcome to the Forum and let us know for sure about the fit of the panels. You should do some measuring of the parts before you remove the old. I have a friend that did restorations and he found some really big differences in metal for a 1968 Cobra Jet Mach 1, front fenders were way off. It took lots of work to make things fit correctly. Hope they learned and made these better.

David
Fenders are a different story - they have issues

Cowls are great

I have feedback on the floor , it's a drop in needs minor tweeking by the wheel well rear seat corners - AND comes with seat platforms.

Quarters have gotten good reviews by two shops I have sold them to.

No complaints on other sales of them - so I guess that is good

Last edited by a moderator:
I have feedback on the floor , it's a drop in needs minor tweeking by the wheel well rear seat corners - AND comes with seat platforms.

Cowls are great

Quarters have gotten good reviews by two shops I have sold them to.

No complaints on other sales of them - so I guess that is good
Dammit! Why couldn't they have come out with all these goodies 3 years ago?! :shootself:

I still would've bought 'em from Don anyway. ::thumb::

Welcome from Perth, Australia. Wasn't too long ago I had a shed full of boxes of sheet metal: hood, trunk lid, 2 rear complete quarters, trunk pan, battery apron, front and rear valance. They all needed a little tweaking especially the rear quarters but were generally good. I'm so glad I can hop online anytime of the day or night, make an order, milk the credit card and have my ordered parts on my doorstep within a couple of weeks.

...Mickus

It'll be a good while before I get around to installing anything. I've got my Falcon XB-GT coupe on the rotisserie. Got to paint my 88 Thunderbird 5.0 Sport next then it was the Mach1"s turn. Now I'm working a deal on a possible new project. If I make a deal on the van I found I'll be building one of these. With milder fender flares though. Plan on going back on the road setting up at some of the bigger shows on the east coast. Figure if I gotta travel I might as well do it in style.

Welcome from Perth, Australia. Wasn't too long ago I had a shed full of boxes of sheet metal: hood, trunk lid, 2 rear complete quarters, trunk pan, battery apron, front and rear valance. They all needed a little tweaking especially the rear quarters but were generally good. I'm so glad I can hop online anytime of the day or night, make an order, milk the credit card and have my ordered parts on my doorstep within a couple of weeks.

...Mickus
As I discovered with the XB it's a blessing to have good replacement panels. I'm having to fabricate a lot of what I need. It's a nice challenge but takes the world of time. Having had to patch, fab and rebuild the cowl I knew I wanted buy all I could need before I drill out the first weld on the Mach1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back