Scott Cook Intake/Heads

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has any American here on the forum bought/used any of the Scott Cook Intakes or heads? How long did they take to get? Is stock readily available? Thanks!!!
Unfortunately you need to contact him directly because what might have been applicable last week, might not be now.

Also, why do you want his stuff?

I have. Purchased a set of heads and an intake from Scott.

He's very reliable and the quality of his product is top notch. Dave Mclain and Dan Jones did some testing a while back and confirmed that his dual plane intake will give you more HP than any other dual plane on the market.

Dave is currently doing a rebuild for me that includes his new heads and intake. We're doing a somewhat conservative 351 build as opposed to a "stroker".

I would suggest contacting Scott directly with respect to the stock and availability. I received my heads and intake fairly quickly after sending him payment.

I have. Purchased a set of heads and an intake from Scott.

He's very reliable and the quality of his product is top notch. Dave Mclain and Dan Jones did some testing a while back and confirmed that his dual plane intake will give you more HP than any other dual plane on the market.

Dave is currently doing a rebuild for me that includes his new heads and intake. We're doing a somewhat conservative 351 build as opposed to a "stroker".

I would suggest contacting Scott directly with respect to the stock and availability. I received my heads and intake fairly quickly after sending him payment.
There was an intake comparison test done by Dave Mclain and Dan Jones which I have and it does not include Scott's intake . . If you have test results for that intake it would be great if you would post them . . I though I might have seen some test results for it before but can't say for certain . . I think there was some mention about the runners not all flowing the same amount but that's common with most intakes and makes little difference in non race apps . . One of the most even flowing intakes is the Eddy Air Gap.

There was also a very large intake test done by another person and he posted the results in his book so the info is not available online.

I like the idea of an aluminum intake that looks Ford stock and fits a Holley carb. Not to mention it never hurts to know whats available. I have been watching prices creep up on original Boss intakes and most are not worth the money they are asking. Not to mention adapting a Holley to a Boss spread-bore intake would require a spacer that negates the use of Ram-Air. If I'm forced to spend that kind of money, I would rather buy the superior part.

I like the idea of an aluminum intake that looks Ford stock and fits a Holley carb. Not to mention it never hurts to know whats available. I have been watching prices creep up on original Boss intakes and most are not worth the money they are asking. Not to mention adapting a Holley to a Boss spread-bore intake would require a spacer that negates the use of Ram-Air. If I'm forced to spend that kind of money, I would rather buy the superior part.
ok, got yeah . . yeah its good stuff which is why i posted it on your other thread but it ain't cheap plus it will cost a bit to ship it . . the intake is also a copy of the cast iron one so it will not have a boss 351 part number just so you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back