Door Opening Distance

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett7

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang convertible
Is anyone able to tell me the distance between the A pillar and the B pillar. I am getting two different measurements

Ill try to head over to my garage sometime today and take a picture.

I could make it to the garage. Dont need window measurements. Any measurement with a picture showing where you measured would be greatly appreciated

Man I don't have a good accurate way to measure for you but took a coupld with tape measure. You need an telescoping rod that can be expanded, locked then measure it. Frame shops have them.

Anyway the first picture I am pointing to where I put the tape measure on the metal about even with the center of the top door hinge. Not on the hinge but the door jam or A post. The measurement was taken to where the base of the door latch pins contacts the door jam at the top of the flange, 48 1/4". The other measurement was taken from the metal right beside the interior light switch at the mid point of it to the edge of the quarter panel at the very top next to the rear window, 50 5/16".

I would not swear to these since tape measure was used. You need to find someone with the rod so they can get it right.

You might see if you are in the ball park with this.

David

DSC_2044.JPG

DSC_2045.JPG

DSC_2046.JPG

DSC_2047.JPG

Back