What size tires fit 73 slotted aluminum rims

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smacioch

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible 302 4 speed 4 barrel blue
New member looking to get new tires on my 73 vert it still has the bias ply and I'm looking to possibly getting some BF Goodrich and not sure what size tires will fit on these rims 14x6 thanks

20151018_164935.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a word of caution. When you take the car in I would suggest that you have already taken the center caps off and when re-installing them put anit seize on the screws to prevent locking in due to corrosion. Also specifically ask the installer if their machines do not mark the wheels. Ounce of prevention.

The measurement of the wheels are weird not really 7" or 6". One of the better 73 only options.

David

Nice looking car my friend! One thing to consider is tire circumference so you won't have to change your speedo drive gear. On my car I run 245-60-14 on 8"rims rear and 235-60-14 on 7" rims front, but my speedometer reads accurately. These tires were on my car when I bought it and I do not know if my gear was changed, don't think so though. I found a calculator on Google so you can compare tire sizes. Unfortunately I don't have that link anymore.

Good luck and don't forget, that car will feel a 'whole lot different' with Radials.

Geoff.

Eureka! just found that link. www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires . Try that and let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
in the pics of beerdontcounts car the front is a 225/70. The rear is a shorter 245/60(1" shorter then front). With 225/75 all the way around I think it will fill the wheel wells up.

Rear.jpg

Left Side.jpg

Thanks guys for all the great ideas on my tire size. Can't wait to get some good radials on with my updated suspension so I can see and feel the difference in the ride. If anyone has any stock aluminum rims for sale let me know maybe I can have a set for shows and a set for driving around and enjoying the ride, can't wait for spring been a long winter thanks again Shaun

Back