Vozaday Build

Very nice. For some reason your daughter looks a little nervous. Is it your driving? :)

Haha, probably.

1971 Mustang Grande, 351 Cleveland 2v, C6, 9"

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Weiand Xcelerator intake

-Long Tube Headers

-Boss Hogg "Street Bandit"

My Build

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More pictures. Ordered some resonators to get rid of the drone, some black tips and still waiting to put the chin spoiler on.

1.jpg.8f41f321138cb7ef9431404f3ee753e2.jpg

2.jpg.b0ae7c32b848bc1adaae9977d8b52ed7.jpg

3.jpg.7c14f876ed87f3697d6c9d10f5041bc9.jpg

4.jpg.48fd22a9a89aef1de4c21a3ca817cea5.jpg

5.jpg.9ea0d07a7b4f9c2428e8beed524c41e7.jpg

6.jpg.0c51de1b404c8d8c76e5589b5da75c5e.jpg

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Car looks great. It would be great if I could just hand off my chin spoiler to you since I'm making one. With that colour you must get thumbs up all day long. These cars are rare enough that it's a treat to see one even in rough shape but looking as clean as yours I probably makes some jaws drop. Spoiler will really finish it off nicely.

Thanks man. I actually picked up a chin spoiler but had a slight injury that prevents me from getting that low (sprained ankle from buddy rolling the golf cart. Lol). Hopefully in the next week or two I'll get around to it.

That wide body will be an absolute show stopper. I've always thought the back of the mustang should have been a little wider to make up for the length of the hood. Can't wait to see it painted.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

• 1 month later...

Finally got the JW Speaker headlights aligned and tested out at night. Wow what a difference. Not saying to necessarily buy these headlights as they are stupid expensive, but it is so nice to be able to see more than 100ft in front of you.

I also ended up getting the chin spoiler on. Put the car in its first show last weekend. I'll get some pictures of the show when I get a chance. The categories were vague so the Muscle Car class was anything from the 60's to present. I didn't feel I felt right with the modified class or the stock class, again these were for any year.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Oh and I am seriously considering pulling off the side stripes again. Might need to do some photoshopping to see if I should or not.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Now that you say that, that nice straight body line kind of gets tangled up with the stock stripe and really doesn't let the car show that muscle. Someone mentioned that to me and then I could see why, even though it's factory, it was bothering me a bit. It's not a deal breaker but you might be on to something.

Its something that is going to drive me nuts until I take them off. Then probably pay the $150 to get them put back on. haha

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Great looking build..

Your springs made chuckle and think back to when I did mine. lol

iyke7fM.jpg

Haha, yup that looks about right. Thanks. I even ended up cutting 1/4 coil off of them to get to the height I wanted. I like the way it feels, went with slightly softer kyb shocks to make up for the stiffer coil and it seems to work well.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Got resonators installed before the tailpipes today. Wow what a difference. Drone is pretty much gone. It really tamed down the exhaust also, but that the same time gave it a much deeper tone.

IMG_7519.thumb.JPG.c16a4225ba424aa690d3e7905a1afbab.JPG

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

• 4 weeks later...

Car looks great all but that nasty Clemson orange!!! Needs to be Gamecock burgundy!!! lollerz

JK, hopefully you get the South Carolina instate rivalry reference. :D

Seriously your car looks awesome! ::thumb::

Wade

Thanks!

Wade

1972 Mach 1 351 cj 4speed

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it."--Thomas Jefferson

Haha, thanks. Sorry Canadian so don't really know the reference. But I get the team rivalry thing.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

• 7 months later...

So it's been a while since I've updated, and unfortunately I won't be saying much yet. I started the EFI install, noticed a few things as I tore down parts of the engine such as missing restrictor plate, horrible oil pressure fitting install, etc. Well finally back to putting it all together. The engine should look much cleaner and following the build of my car. My mother sent me this pic today as she is doing some painting for me. Here is a bit of a teaser. IMG_9500.thumb.JPG.9dfb837d5a048da5967ee8a5cc9af253.JPG

Unfortunately I'm waiting on a few more engine bay cosmetic parts. So the rest will have to wait till then.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Ok. I had to share this. IMG_9512.thumb.JPG.36a26ede39a83bda5306f400a6bc2029.JPG

Also Aussie heads on routeIMG_9513.thumb.JPG.82481776d7256f6289a1fd8d33627f51.JPG

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Finished most of the wiring and fuel lines today. I hooked the Key wire to the positive of the coil and the Tach wire to the negative of the coil. I'm hoping that will work. All thats left is wiring the fuel pump, drilling the exhaust for the O2 sensor and filling it back up with coolant.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

• 5 months later...

Ok, time for an update.  Had a crazy busy summer and haven't had the time to work on the car much.  I ran into a return fuel pressure issue.  In the spring the car fired right up without any issues, then started to idle poorly.  I looked underneath and found a pool of fuel. I walked away from it at that point and just never found time to continue. 

Well, this fall I had some time again.  I dropped the fuel tank (unfortunately the bolts were tight and they just turned so I had to dismantle the back half of the car) and pulled out the vent cap I was using as the return.  I guess I should have done some more research to see it goes down to a pin hole leak.  So I drilled it out and put better hose and clamps on. 

IMG_0279.thumb.JPG.9dd1e797003b9ba7fbd3c28139d8db37.JPG

IMG_0280.thumb.JPG.8865b84414f4bb70e2addb5dfe98d5dc.JPG

The difference in how the engine responds in astounding.  I had my carb pretty well dialed in so there was no hesitation and power was great, but never had throttle response like this.  I did have a hesitation at first but with some playing around I got it smoothened out within a couple minutes.  It is amazing how easy it is to tune a vehicle when you don't need to tear down a carb every time you need to make an adjustment. You can changed settings as you drive, you can hear the difference as you adjust it.

IMG_0286.thumb.JPG.db24b35ab0d29a9e1643c9e33582ba77.JPG

Now I just need to get the new spark plug wires in and the black alternator.

IMG_9618.thumb.JPG.0204bae6900a75eda73a3dcc35143f70.JPG

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Since I only had the car running for the past couple weeks the wife wanted to take some pictures. Seeing as to how last year I couldn't get them done by a local photographer due to the carb failing. She is a photographer but has never done automotive. I think she did pretty decent. I added them to the glamour shot section: https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-fall-shots-pic-heavy

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

• 3 months later...

Started the build of the Aussie heads. Dropped them off at the machine shop. The owner was pretty pumped about them asking me where I got them. Said he has only worked on 4 pairs in his 30 years of owning the shop. It’s a little pricey, but still cheaper than getting aluminum head and up here with the exchange rates. It will have stainless valves, bronze guides as well as hardened seats and spring pad modified. Excited to get these done and replace that cracked head on the car.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Very cool. I am running the Aussie heads as well. Love them. What are you going to run for a cam with them?

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Very cool. I am running the Aussie heads as well. Love them. What are you going to run for a cam with them?

I’m thinking either going to the 284hr or 290hr from the 270hr. I’m just worried about the amount of spring pressure for the screw in studs. The 284hr has the same amount of lift as the 270hr so I know that’s safe. The 290 is a little taller and if I calculated spring pressure correctly will bring me over 340lbs.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

I would check out what your dynamic compression will be with the different cams. There is a calculator on here somewhere that a member posted. A lot will be dependent on what you run for pistons and what you end up with for combustion chamber size.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

I would check out what your dynamic compression will be with the different cams. There is a calculator on here somewhere that a member posted. A lot will be dependent on what you run for pistons and what you end up with for combustion chamber size.

That is definitely part of my consideration. Ive played with that calculator a little. I’ve gotten a ton of photos of opened up CC’s so worst case I’ll do some grinding. But I’m definitely going to run flat top pistons.

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

• 2 weeks later...

Tore down the engine today to get ready for the new heads. Was disappointed to find dished pistons. But on the plus side I can run this cam for a year and upgrade next year.

20_D22632_9_D99_431_D_98_D8_1_E707_D3_A304_E.jpg

C95_F77_F9_2867_469_B_BEDF_1_B778_DD01_F84.jpg

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Long Tube Headers

My Build

Are those marked 60 over? That is a lot of bore for a Cleveland. I am running a small dish on mine and it seems to like it.

- Jason