Console needs to be replaced

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
I have a Grabber Lime Boss 351. The added bonus is it has a Gear Vendor overdrive for added drive-ability.
My full length black console is loose and I finally dug around to figure out why. It seems that most of the screw tabs are busted. I think I may as well replace it. How are the repro consoles, such as ACP, do they match the original well?

From what I've heard they've had pretty good reviews. The camera case finish matches the OEM and they include the lid, ashtray, and wiring that is preinstalled for the clock and ash tray light(which was allegedly Cougar only). Although I could not find them on Don's OMS (Ohio Mustang Supply) site, I know he has sold them before. May want to contact him for a honest opinion and see if that is something he still handles. One other thing I did hear about them is to bring plenty of $$$ as they are fairly expensive!!

I was just reviewing the NPD catalogue last night and came across these and shook my head at the price, something like $650...

They are nice

I order them as needed - I do not stock them. Can get it direct shipped the same day it is ordered - around 650.00 - 675.00 depends where it is shipped to

I was just reviewing the NPD catalogue last night and came across these and shook my head at the price, something like $650...
There is a lot of tooling costs involved with making these parts and a limited demand

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot of tooling costs involved with making these parts and a limited demand

As Don said, there is limited demand, once the vendor recoups the tooling cost, and makes some profit on the part, you will then see prices drop, but that could take years!!.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree it is expensive but other than keeping my wobbly console what is the alternative?

Thanks for the feedback. I agree it is expensive but other than keeping my wobbly console what is the alternative?
I have pretty darn good black ones, never painted, no holes broke, no broken place in console. If you put new lid on and new ash try it will look great and has clock or if you clock is good can send without. You can also get the clock and shifter surround new so the chrome will pop.

I was automotive tooling engineer and the console is about the toughest plastic part in our cars. They put the texture on with photo process but just the size of the tool is big.

PM me if interested.

David

Back