Interior Paint / Dye

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digithead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang 351C-4V 4BBL 4 SPEED CONVERTIBLE White
Any suggestions to match interior dye/paint? My car apparently has medium blue interior. I need to do some re-dying. But I dont see exact match by factory color codes etc. Who sells a good close match that I can spray for medium blue?

Hi there,

I assume you want to spray out the interior with rattle cans of paint.Don't know if you've tried this connection, but see what you think.

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Resto/interior-paint.htm

SCROLL DOWN TO '73 MUSTANG MEDIUM BLUE INTERIOR METALLIC.

I myself think a better way is to have color made up and pro matched accurately and shot through a gun,because chasing a good color match with cans can be tricky - but that might not be the way you want to go.

Greg.:)

I have actually taken the rattle cans turned them upside down in a tube and put a weight on them and bleed off the propellant. Then punch hole in bottom and pour out the paint and put in gun and shoot. There is not much in there and it is really thin and weird. DO NOT put a wood stir stick into the paint it makes it boil over. I think it is a reaction with some of the propellant left.

Didn't work as good as I thought it would. Getting a custom mix is a much better way if you have someone to help you with it.

I use MPD for the rattle cans they sell Seymour brand the black form my vert worked well.

David

Color code, and age (fading) can vary so it can be a challenge to match. If custom match is not an option, check SEM products, they are usually very close.

Carolina, I've done the same with the rattle cans, when color matching the different shades of Wilmington white. I was surprised how well it worked. Then I cleared the affected parts for a matching repair.

Thanks all. Yes, I meant rattle cans. I dont have a spray gun. although I am itching to redo my garage and get back into painting! I havent painted since I was a kid about 35 years ago,

Thanks all. Yes, I meant rattle cans. I dont have a spray gun. although I am itching to redo my garage and get back into painting! I havent painted since I was a kid about 35 years ago,
Hi,

Glad to be of help.

I'm itching to get out of painting after spending 40odd years or so non stop in the game!:p:p

Color code, and age (fading) can vary so it can be a challenge to match. If custom match is not an option, check SEM products, they are usually very close.
Welcome back Wendell!!

Long time no see!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back