Netflix "A Faster Horse" documentary. Anyone watch yet?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
If you have Netflix check out the making of the 2016 Mustang called "A Faster Horse". Its a documentary and is pretty cool. They follow the lead engineer on the building of the new 2016 Mustang.

One part they interview a father and daughter who rebuilt a 71 MACH and drove it to the 50th party in Charlotte.

yeah cool to see the behind the scenes stuff. I'm not sold 100% on the front end of the 2016 mustang but I'd take one if someone wanted to give me one.. Love the rear view though. They did a great job there.

Thanks for the heads up. Just watched it and it was a superb documentary. Amazing to see how much development goes into making a car and some great historical footage of the Mustang. Also never knew the Mustang almost didn't happen due to the failure of the Edsel.

yeah secret meetings at the fairlane hotel. Then ford II would only give a portion of what they wanted to make the car.

No wonder it was a re-skinned falcon!

I'm glad to see a 7173 made an appearance

Thanks for the heads up. Just watched it and it was a superb documentary. Amazing to see how much development goes into making a car and some great historical footage of the Mustang. Also never knew the Mustang almost didn't happen due to the failure of the Edsel.

Watched it last night, real neat movie! The only thing that bothered me is when they grouped the 65-70 mustangs with the 71-73, I always thought they were completely different, but I guess to them they are not. I can see the grouping of the newer ones together where they have similar looks, but these old beasts look so much different...

Watched it last night, real neat movie! The only thing that bothered me is when they grouped the 65-70 mustangs with the 71-73, I always thought they were completely different, but I guess to them they are not. I can see the grouping of the newer ones together where they have similar looks, but these old beasts look so much different...
I noticed and thought the same thing. I guess they probably did that to keep it simple for most non mustang people? But yes I would have grouped them as you say above.

Back