National Mustang Day -2016

1973_Mustang_Conv

Plan on cruising my car on the 17th of April 2016 .

http://www.nationalmustangday.com/

Anyone else plan on taking there vehicles out on that Sunday?

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=3945] * 1973_Mustang_Conv's Garage *[/button]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will depend on the Iowa weather and if the salt is washed off the roads.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Yeah. I know what you mean, supposed to have a cold, icy weekend .

Here's hoping for warmer weather soon :cool:

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=3945] * 1973_Mustang_Conv's Garage *[/button]

Yeah. I know what you mean, supposed to have a cold, icy weekend .

Here's hoping for warmer weather soon :cool:

High of 5 here tomorrow.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

Warmed up today. Hit 20. Like a heat wave. But we also got 5 inches of snow.

- Jason

I hope to head to Charlotte to the big show at the track April 7-10. Always find some good buys at the shows seems the prices are better than on eBay.

Hope to drive the yellow 73 vert on it's first long trip.

Here is link to the show. http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

There is well over 100 acres of parts and cars all around the track. It is for sure more than a one day event. I use to sell there but too much trouble to load the stuff up anymore.

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up there.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• 3 weeks later...

I think there's a Mustang thing planned that weekend here in San Angelo, put on by the local Mustang club.

If I have my plates by then, I'll be out there (weather permitting, of course) and will share pics.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I think there's a Mustang thing planned that weekend here in San Angelo, put on by the local Mustang club.

Can you tell me more about that? I've been looking for an event close enough to me to attend that day.

I honestly don't know if it'll be a cruise, car show, or anything more formal than a Mustangs-Only Cars & Coffee kind of a thing.

Let me check in with the local Mustang club, and I'll get back with you with the specifics. Where are you located, anyway?

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Wow - you might check with the DFW area clubs. San Angelo is almost a 200 mile hike from you.

I was in San Angelo once for when my son was stationed for a short time at the base.

Nice town....big Rotary Club.

Wow - you might check with the DFW area clubs. San Angelo is almost a 200 mile hike from you.

160 miles. About anywhere we ever want to take the car is about always a 100+ mile trip each way, but it's a pretty decent driver.

I was in San Angelo once for when my son was stationed for a short time at the base.

Nice town....big Rotary Club.

Yup - it's not bad at all, actually. I hated it when I first got here in '91, but I guess I've worn down, gotten comfortable, or whatever, because I don't feel that way any more. "Home" for me will always be SLC, Utah, but I've made my peace with living here.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

160 miles. About anywhere we ever want to take the car is about always a 100+ mile trip each way, but it's a pretty decent driver.

Cool! I haven't heard back from anybody yet, but I'll bug 'em again and let you know what I find out.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Agreed. Any Mustang Club that I've looked up is always on the other side of the state.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope to head to Charlotte to the big show at the track April 7-10. Always find some good buys at the shows seems the prices are better than on eBay.

Hope to drive the yellow 73 vert on it's first long trip.

Here is link to the show. http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

There is well over 100 acres of parts and cars all around the track. It is for sure more than a one day event. I use to sell there but too much trouble to load the stuff up anymore.

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up there.

David

I'll be heading up there this weekend for the flea market

(Still looking for a replacement console clock!)

Forecast for the weather looks a little on the cool side (56 for the high).

Low chance for rain ::thumb::