My Boss 351 was built today in 1971

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Kind of a corny detail to most but I find it interesting - back on Friday, 12th of February 1971, my Boss 351 was built in Dearborn, Michigan.

It had been scheduled to be built on the following Monday.

Sometimes the back- story/history of our cars are very interesting!

The following pic an original Polaroid taken at the dealer in Cordell, Oklahoma back on March 25, 1971. While doing some heavy research, I contacted Don Cannon's daughter and she found a few old (but damaged) pictures of my car! They were in the attic of Don Canon's house. She told me they survived a fire of the original dealership building - I believe in the 80's. On the right you can see where we worked to digitally restore this pic as best we could. I feel very fortunate to have this and other items to go with my car.

Don Cannon March 1971.jpeg

Ray

To me that's not a detail, but a part of the history of your car, I wish I could find some "details" like that from my cars.

Nice story :)

Happy Belated Birthday to Ray's Boss!

Mine was born on November 30, 1970. I have some pictures that were taken of my car when it was in California in the nineties. Apparently they were sent to Kim Miller who bought the car based on a for sale ad and the pictures the California owner sent to him.

Got some copies of original titles and a one page appraisal. No other original papers other than the original dealer invoice. Your right Ray, knowing some history and having any little bit of the cars history is really cool to have.

Kind of a corny detail to most but I find it interesting - back on Friday, 12th of February 1971, my Boss 351 was built in Dearborn, Michigan.

It had been scheduled to be built on the following Monday.

Sometimes the back- story/history of our cars are very interesting!

The following pic an original Polaroid taken at the dealer in Cordell, Oklahoma back on March 25, 1971. While doing some heavy research, I contacted Don Cannon's daughter and she found a few old (but damaged) pictures of my car! They were in the attic of Don Canon's house. She told me they survived a fire of the original dealership building - I believe in the 80's. On the right you can see where we worked to digitally restore this pic as best we could. I feel very fortunate to have this and other items to go with my car.

Ray
She's an aquarius, like me! :D

Back