Firestone Tire

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbernjero

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang 1973
Hey,

I just fall in love with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires ( 235/60 - 15 ).

Are they still available ? :chin:

I didn `t found a dealer who sell this tire.

Thanks Claus

Hi Claus,

I believe these tires have been discontinued from manufacture.

Ref:

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-60915.html

If you can't find any, may i recommend Mastercraft Avenger GT tires as a substitute.::thumb::

I run them on my '73Vert and Mach 1, and really love them as a all 'round performer and good looking tire.

Good dry and wet weather tire, quiet, good handling and a real good looker. I run 245/60 x15 front and 295/50 x 15 rear

on both cars.

Ref:

http://mastercrafttires.com/Tires/Passenger/Avenger-GT.aspx

Greg.:)

Thanks guys,

I`m very sad to hear that they are not still available...:-/

The Avengers looks great ,too.

I will keep an eye of them.

Thanks Claus

Interesting, I believe these are the tires you are referring to, they were on my '71 vert and are still brand new. However, they are 14", sorry. It looks as though they were put on in the early 2000's and the car was stored in a barn for the next 13/14 years until it was brought out last spring.

These are a pretty cool looking tire, I like the "Indy" insignia on the Blackwell part of the tire also. Sadly, I wont be re-using these due to the length of time they sat in the barn, a real waste of tire, because I don't think they were used when put on my car...

convertible27.jpg

convertible35.jpg

Last edited:
Yes...the "Indy 500 " letters are the greatest I ever seen on a tire... ::thumb::

Tires just like these were on my conv when I got it with 28k miles on it in 1975.

Being a biased-ply tire - they tried to follow every pavement irregularity. Liked the way they looked at the time but happy to get my first set of BF Goodrich TA Radials!!!

Parnelli Jones tire____.jpg

Parnelli Jones tire.jpg

Ray

Back