Hello from Clover, SC!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
After 30 Year's I am a 72 Mach 1 owner again! I have a lot to learn and relearn about Fords. My first car was a 72 base Mach 1 pulled from a honeysuckle patch in Great Falls, SC. I loved that car but it had way too much work to be done and at 16 there wasn't near enough money

Yesterday I bought what I think is a true unmolested survivor! It is a 1 of 1 72 Q code 351CJ 4-speed. It is only a 1 of 1 due to the color combo but I am afraid that color will have to go.

I have built a 71 corvette from the ground up including paint, auto to 5 speed conversion, built and stroked 454. I have the experience and knowledge to tackle everything on this car. I doubt I will do the finish paint this time but will do body work and prep. Luckily there is very little rust and no major dents or dings. I will be asking a lot of questions about the 351cj. I want to rebuild and build it up a little from what it was original.

A few questions I have now are:

What vendors do you all recommend?

What is the best assembly manual and place to buy?

CD or hard copy manual. Which is best?

I look forward to hearing everyone's comments and advice as well as learning from you all and hope to contribute at times.

scgamecock 72 Mach 1

Thanks!

Wade

00W0W_hYm9WEIBeU6_600x450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the welcome. just bought a 72 stang and plan on restoring it and wanted some pics of the outside. inside is original green and the outside is pewter but has no decals on it. to the numbers it is 351 ram air 2 barrel and a gr trim with 63r body. looking for the paint scheme

Welcome to the site. Here are few vendors. I buy from all 3. It depends on what you need. I have the hard copy Ford manuals. Either will work. I got mine cheap on Ebay.

Ohio Mustang supply new, used and hard to find.

C J pony parts freight free shipping

NPD large selection and good stock

Welcome from Michigan.

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
The car is pretty much complete except the interior. I will need door panels, hardware, carpet, seat covers, headliner, kick panels, console, dash pad. It had the deluxe interior in it. It has the Guage package option but that all seems to be there.

Thanks!

Wade

Back