Hello from Clover, SC!

scgamecock

After 30 Year's I am a 72 Mach 1 owner again! I have a lot to learn and relearn about Fords. My first car was a 72 base Mach 1 pulled from a honeysuckle patch in Great Falls, SC. I loved that car but it had way too much work to be done and at 16 there wasn't near enough money

Yesterday I bought what I think is a true unmolested survivor! It is a 1 of 1 72 Q code 351CJ 4-speed. It is only a 1 of 1 due to the color combo but I am afraid that color will have to go.

I have built a 71 corvette from the ground up including paint, auto to 5 speed conversion, built and stroked 454. I have the experience and knowledge to tackle everything on this car. I doubt I will do the finish paint this time but will do body work and prep. Luckily there is very little rust and no major dents or dings. I will be asking a lot of questions about the 351cj. I want to rebuild and build it up a little from what it was original.

A few questions I have now are:

What vendors do you all recommend?

What is the best assembly manual and place to buy?

CD or hard copy manual. Which is best?

I look forward to hearing everyone's comments and advice as well as learning from you all and hope to contribute at times.

scgamecock 72 Mach 1

Thanks!

Wade

00W0W_hYm9WEIBeU6_600x450.jpg.2a36cab2ae1e26ba629e9dd313586a69.jpg

Thanks!

Wade

1972 Mach 1 351 cj 4speed

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it."--Thomas Jefferson

Welcome from Denmark northern part of Europe [WINKING FACE] Regards Lars DK73

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73 😎

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

thanks for the welcome. just bought a 72 stang and plan on restoring it and wanted some pics of the outside. inside is original green and the outside is pewter but has no decals on it. to the numbers it is 351 ram air 2 barrel and a gr trim with 63r body. looking for the paint scheme

Welcome from TriCities Wa. Lots of good vendors on this site, let them know what you need and they probably have it.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome to the site. Here are few vendors. I buy from all 3. It depends on what you need. I have the hard copy Ford manuals. Either will work. I got mine cheap on Ebay.

Ohio Mustang supply new, used and hard to find.

C J pony parts freight free shipping

NPD large selection and good stock

Welcome from Michigan.

John J

Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

The car is pretty much complete except the interior. I will need door panels, hardware, carpet, seat covers, headliner, kick panels, console, dash pad. It had the deluxe interior in it. It has the Guage package option but that all seems to be there.

Thanks!

Wade

Thanks!

Wade

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it."--Thomas Jefferson

Wade,

welcome for san diego. Where in the southwest are you.

jim

SW of Charlotte, NC between Rock Hill and Gastonia.

Thanks!

Wade

Hello from just up the mountain in Hendersonville, N.C.. I would keep the color it really looks great if done correct.

Parts, of course Don @ Ohio Mustang is first stop. You can put ads here also for parts. I have quite a few myself and always buying and selling.

I guess you are aware that pretty much every mustang made was a one of one in some form. It is just a way for Marti to point things out. There were so many options that the combinations are like the lottery possibilities.

We will have to meet up at the Spring show at Charlotte in April hope to drive my 73 vert down.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Hello from just up the mountain in Hendersonville, N.C.. I would keep the color it really looks great if done correct.

Parts, of course Don @ Ohio Mustang is first stop. You can put ads here also for parts. I have quite a few myself and always buying and selling.

I guess you are aware that pretty much every mustang made was a one of one in some form. It is just a way for Marti to point things out. There were so many options than the combinations are like the lottery possibilities.

We will have to meet up at the Spring show at Charlotte in April hope to drive my 73 vert down.

David

David,

Sounds good. I haven't been to the auto fare in the last 3 years. I used to go twice a year when I was working on my old Corvette. I'm looking forward to this years because there's usually more stuff out there related to other cars thank Corvette.

The sticker shock so far that I have seen is the cost for replacing the center console. Those things are expensive! This car won't be a concourse tight car but more of a driver. So I really hope to be able just find a used one.

Thanks

Wade

Thanks!

Wade

I guess you are aware that pretty much every mustang made was a one of one in some form. It is just a way for Marti to point things out. There were so many options than the combinations are like the lottery possibilities.

David

David,

Sounds good. I haven't been to the auto fare in the last 3 years. I used to go twice a year when I was working on my old Corvette. I'm looking forward to this years because there's usually more stuff out there related to other cars thank Corvette.

The sticker shock so far that I have seen is the cost for replacing the center console. Those things are expensive! This car won't be a concourse tight car but more of a driver. So I really hope to be able just find a used one.

Thanks

Wade

I do have several consoles black and ginger. Some with some issues one on eBay right now that is near perfect.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

David

David,

Thanks

Wade

I do have several consoles black and ginger. Some with some issues one on eBay right now that is near perfect.

David

David,

Would you send me the link. I did a search but only found 2. 1 in Flat and 1 in AZ. Is yours the long style and for a 4-speed? Not sure if trans type matters does it?

Thanks

Wade

Thanks!

Wade

David,

Thanks

Wade

David

David,

Would you send me the link. I did a search but only found 2. 1 in Flat and 1 in AZ. Is yours the long style and for a 4-speed? Not sure if trans type matters does it?

Thanks

Wade

They are long. Every mustang had a console either short or long to furnish an ash tray. There is no difference in 4 speed or automatic. There is a plastic trim piece that goes around the 4 speed boot, black that fills in the space that is there to fit over the automatic shift console.

Here is the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1972-1973-Mustang-and-Cougar-full-Console-Complete-Mach-1-/262284951135?hash=item3d1166be5f:g:jgIAAOSwKtVWu5ZX&vxp=mtr

We usually do the PM feature on the forum if we are going to try to sell or buy something. I can work on the price some that is eBay price.

It is difficult to find one that has not been painted, no cracks, no broke screw holes and has working clock good latch, good hinge, ash tray and wire harness. One clock on eBay is $249, crazy.

I have others not as good that the price drops also.

David

David

A big hello! from Phoenix!

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]