71 mustang grande project log

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam_71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang grande
Alright i showed my car off in the introductions so i figured i would start a thread very detailed lots of pics on my way building it up so ill start it off with some pics (view attachments)

while i only paid 650$ for the car running and driving (i took the fenders off). I have 4 fenders so i can choose the best for when i paint it got a few deck lids lots and lots of parts. i was making a wish list on summit of performance parts i wanted to get (this was before i picked the car up) and i got the there was a grant gt steering wheel hooker long tube headers a bunch of the stuff i had on my list (i thought the car was bone stock) so all in all im very happy. This week im gonna start sanding it all down for paint (ill take pics of progress). my goal it to make it how i want it fix any issues and make a sweet car. Its gonna be a white with flat stripes on the side modeled after the mach 1.

any comment or help very welcome and thanks to some of the members who already helped

HPIM0296.jpg

209794_10150167491323525_514703524_6916955_1888959_o.jpg

209355_10150167491678525_514703524_6916961_47416_o.jpg

i almost jumped up and down when i saw the long tubes on the car saved me 300+$
Had some for about 8 years. They will come off and be replaced by shorty headers as soon as I get around to it. I want the ground clearance back!

Got a great update ive been working on it this week cleaned the fuel tank new fuel lines and fuel filter rebuilt the carb new hardline to that put a battery in fixed the wiring and got her running

sounds way better than the video lol the vid picked up nothing from me giving it some gas but it sounds amazing nothing like bringing an old engine and car back to life

got my car running better today. I also pulled and fixed the stock wiring harness there was no power getting to the coil so no spark so i got all that fixed. i have good oil pressure and fixed the alternator so got a nice amount done i can now start and shut it off with the key. only engine thing left is a nasty leak (the choke coil plate) once thats fixed it will be perfect than move onto floors.

Back