Car won't start

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe73grande

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351 Cleveland
I'm in desperate need of help!! I replaced my key cylinder, I had to actually drill it would it because the pin wouldn't release. Well I got it out, bought a new one, installed it and now it's not starting. The dash lights come on, but other than that nothing, no spud at all. The car started perfectly fine before I replaced the cylinder. I actually thought I lost my keys that's the only reason why I replaced it. Anybody have any ideas what's going on..

I'm in desperate need of help!! I replaced my key cylinder, I had to actually drill it would it because the pin wouldn't release. Well I got it out, bought a new one, installed it and now it's not starting. The dash lights come on, but other than that nothing, no spud at all. The car started perfectly fine before I replaced the cylinder. I actually thought I lost my keys that's the only reason why I replaced it. Anybody have any ideas what's going on..
For the record I'm not a mechanic but I'd start by making sure you are getting all the required voltages to the key cylinder and see from there.

Back