An unofficial welcome to all the new members

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recently there have been a lot of new members and I am pleased as a fellow member to welcome all of you to this forum. I call it an unofficial welcome because I am just another member.   Let me sa

I bought a '73 Mustang convertible new back in the day when I was 21. It was pretty well loaded with a 351C and a/c, and I kept it for about a decade, never driving it in winter. It was in in beautifu

Posted Images

I completely agree

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Hi Jeff,

Well thought out and delivered Sir. Thanks for the positive, CARING attitude.Those ingredients help make it a great Forum to be with and be on.

I feel we do need a lot more member participation then what we get over the years - not so much from the regular contributors, but mainly the bulk of the other silent majority. Always great to hear from any member - we've all got something to say and contribute.:)

Greg.:)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Thank you for the Welcome...

I have been hugely impressed and thankful for this board. I have asked a lot of questions, and to those who are seasoned at working on cars, some of those questions I'm sure seems silly.

However, I have only ever received helpful and patient responses on this board and for that I am grateful.

73 H Code Convertible

That's because you live in Florida and we all want an invite ;)

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

You are welcome anytime. Mine is the only 123 I see running around so it would be great to see some more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73 H Code Convertible

You are welcome anytime. Mine is the only 123 I see running around so it would be great to see some more

I actually lived on Santa Rosa Island for a summer in the mid 80's working at the Shakey's in Ft. Walton at night and doing construction in Destin during the day-it was lot of fun when I wasn't working. I lived on the intercoastal side of the island in what used to be the Blue Fin Motel IIRC

The plan was to save a lot of money for the next school year-it was a good plan, but the execution was subpar

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I feel like Jeff's unofficial welcome should be titled "Official Welcome to all the New Members". I feel as though everything he mentioned is the way everyone else on this forum feels. With the number of new members that have joined recently, it's easy to miss greeting someone. If that is the case, then like Jeff said, Welcome! Your search for a place where you and your 71,2,3 Mustang are welcome with no "Hatin'" is over. Owner ship is not required, enthusiasm welcomed!

You'll find that many of our members have other make vehicles and have even (gasp) talked about them and not been stoned or received hate mail. There are many very knowledgeable, friendly folk here who don't mind answering questions, no matter how trivial you may feel they are.

I'm from the South, so I'll just say: Pull up a chair and sit a spell!!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

I don't know about that event. What are the dates.

Pensacola Mustang Show put on by the Gulf Coast Regional Mustang Club, Pensacola Fairgrounds. March 18-20. Always a big show and great cars.

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

Flamicon2.jpg

http://www.7173mustangs.com/banners/oldfart.png

• 1 month later...

Just checking in and saying HI.

Many years back, I had a 67 FB. (fastback, not FaceBook!). Well, you know the story, kids house (ya, divorce too). So, here I am at age 58, looking for a car. Now, the 71-73s for me, I always liked them. So, I hope to find one in the next few months. (ok, I did drive a 69 Charger R/T 40 years ago, got a soft spot for those too).

And, this forum seems active, I like that. So, I will start my quest soon,

John

Recently there have been a lot of new members and I am pleased as a fellow member to welcome all of you to this forum. I call it an unofficial welcome because I am just another member.

Let me say this. This forum has always been a great resource. I hope each and every one of you has a positive experience here. The members are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We also, for the most part are nonjudgmental about what you might want to do to your car. Whether you are into preservation, concours restoration, hot rodding or restomodding there is something here for everyone.

I encourage each member, new and old alike, to reach out to members in their area and to make real connections. Many of us have found ourselves helping one another out.

Some forums are contentious and seem to be under the control of a clique of members who try and make it all about what they want and like. I haven't seen that here, so I want to encourage everyone to help keep this site great.

Don't be afraid to ask a question. While the search function is a great resource and I encourage its use, I also encourage each member to ask questions, even if they have been addressed before. Participation leads to a better discussion and helps us all to learn new things.

I look forward to learning from each of you and hopefully to provide a bit of help along the way.

Again, I don't speak for the forum, only myself, but I'm willing to bet most of us feel the same way.

Jeff

+ 1 - agree ::thumb::

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :angel:

Thanks, Jeff, for posting the welcome.

Some of us--at the beginning of this site--wondered if anyone would be interested in 71-73 Mustangs. I would bring my 1972 Mach 1 to cars shows in the late 1990's here in west central Florida and feel like Cinderella, left behind at home; I would be the only one with such a model--the step-child of pony cars.

Well, we wonder no more. There are are lot more 71-73 owners out there than we originally thought. Step-child no more. We 'Cinderellas' are going to the ball with the big sisters.

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg

Just checking in and saying HI.

Many years back, I had a 67 FB. (fastback, not FaceBook!). Well, you know the story, kids house (ya, divorce too). So, here I am at age 58, looking for a car. Now, the 71-73s for me, I always liked them. So, I hope to find one in the next few months. (ok, I did drive a 69 Charger R/T 40 years ago, got a soft spot for those too).

And, this forum seems active, I like that. So, I will start my quest soon,

John

Welcome, and good luck in your quest. Not only that, but a member with a name like autocad is likely to be a valuable contributor :P

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

• 1 year later...

I've changed my mind all you new folks need to go away.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Just joined the group and looking foward to sharing a mutual love and passion for our cars!

Here is some info on my beloved 72 Vert.

1972 Mustang Convertible 351 CJ 4 Speed Manual Q-Code

Hurst Shifter, Power Windows, Power front Disc Brakes, Power Top, Tilt Steering Wheel, Air Conditioning, 3.25 Traction-Lok Dif, Center Console, Door Edge Guards, Décor package, AM/8 Track Stereo, Tinted Glass, Competition Suspension, Instrumentation Group, Convenience Group, Sebring Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket Seats, Rim Blow Deluxe Steering Wheel, Color Keyed Racing Mirrors

s_l400.jpg

Cruise_25_1_1.jpg

Hello All,

Just joined the group and looking foward to sharing a mutual love and passion for our cars!

Here is some info on my beloved 72 Vert.

1972 Mustang Convertible 351 CJ 4 Speed Manual Q-Code

Hurst Shifter, Power Windows, Power front Disc Brakes, Power Top, Tilt Steering Wheel, Air Conditioning, 3.25 Traction-Lok Dif, Center Console, Door Edge Guards, Décor package, AM/8 Track Stereo, Tinted Glass, Competition Suspension, Instrumentation Group, Convenience Group, Sebring Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket Seats, Rim Blow Deluxe Steering Wheel, Color Keyed Racing Mirrors

s_l400.jpg

Welcome. Nice ride!!!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome to all new members for Wake Forest, NC -

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne