An unofficial welcome to all the new members

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
Recently there have been a lot of new members and I am pleased as a fellow member to welcome all of you to this forum. I call it an unofficial welcome because I am just another member.

Let me say this. This forum has always been a great resource. I hope each and every one of you has a positive experience here. The members are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We also, for the most part are nonjudgmental about what you might want to do to your car. Whether you are into preservation, concours restoration, hot rodding or restomodding there is something here for everyone.

I encourage each member, new and old alike, to reach out to members in their area and to make real connections. Many of us have found ourselves helping one another out.

Some forums are contentious and seem to be under the control of a clique of members who try and make it all about what they want and like. I haven't seen that here, so I want to encourage everyone to help keep this site great.

Don't be afraid to ask a question. While the search function is a great resource and I encourage its use, I also encourage each member to ask questions, even if they have been addressed before. Participation leads to a better discussion and helps us all to learn new things.

I look forward to learning from each of you and hopefully to provide a bit of help along the way.

Again, I don't speak for the forum, only myself, but I'm willing to bet most of us feel the same way.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Well thought out and delivered Sir. Thanks for the positive, CARING attitude.Those ingredients help make it a great Forum to be with and be on.

I feel we do need a lot more member participation then what we get over the years - not so much from the regular contributors, but mainly the bulk of the other silent majority. Always great to hear from any member - we've all got something to say and contribute.:)

Greg.:)

Thank you for the Welcome...

I have been hugely impressed and thankful for this board. I have asked a lot of questions, and to those who are seasoned at working on cars, some of those questions I'm sure seems silly.

However, I have only ever received helpful and patient responses on this board and for that I am grateful.

You are welcome anytime. Mine is the only 123 I see running around so it would be great to see some more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually lived on Santa Rosa Island for a summer in the mid 80's working at the Shakey's in Ft. Walton at night and doing construction in Destin during the day-it was lot of fun when I wasn't working. I lived on the intercoastal side of the island in what used to be the Blue Fin Motel IIRC

The plan was to save a lot of money for the next school year-it was a good plan, but the execution was subpar

Are you going to the Pensacola show mid-March? I'll be there as a vendor, and would love to meet you.

I feel like Jeff's unofficial welcome should be titled "Official Welcome to all the New Members". I feel as though everything he mentioned is the way everyone else on this forum feels. With the number of new members that have joined recently, it's easy to miss greeting someone. If that is the case, then like Jeff said, Welcome! Your search for a place where you and your 71,2,3 Mustang are welcome with no "Hatin'" is over. Owner ship is not required, enthusiasm welcomed!

You'll find that many of our members have other make vehicles and have even (gasp) talked about them and not been stoned or received hate mail. There are many very knowledgeable, friendly folk here who don't mind answering questions, no matter how trivial you may feel they are.

I'm from the South, so I'll just say: Pull up a chair and sit a spell!!

I don't know about that event. What are the dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pensacola Mustang Show put on by the Gulf Coast Regional Mustang Club, Pensacola Fairgrounds. March 18-20. Always a big show and great cars.

Just checking in and saying HI.

Many years back, I had a 67 FB. (fastback, not FaceBook!). Well, you know the story, kids house (ya, divorce too). So, here I am at age 58, looking for a car. Now, the 71-73s for me, I always liked them. So, I hope to find one in the next few months. (ok, I did drive a 69 Charger R/T 40 years ago, got a soft spot for those too).

And, this forum seems active, I like that. So, I will start my quest soon,

John

Recently there have been a lot of new members and I am pleased as a fellow member to welcome all of you to this forum. I call it an unofficial welcome because I am just another member.

Let me say this. This forum has always been a great resource. I hope each and every one of you has a positive experience here. The members are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We also, for the most part are nonjudgmental about what you might want to do to your car. Whether you are into preservation, concours restoration, hot rodding or restomodding there is something here for everyone.

I encourage each member, new and old alike, to reach out to members in their area and to make real connections. Many of us have found ourselves helping one another out.

Some forums are contentious and seem to be under the control of a clique of members who try and make it all about what they want and like. I haven't seen that here, so I want to encourage everyone to help keep this site great.

Don't be afraid to ask a question. While the search function is a great resource and I encourage its use, I also encourage each member to ask questions, even if they have been addressed before. Participation leads to a better discussion and helps us all to learn new things.

I look forward to learning from each of you and hopefully to provide a bit of help along the way.

Again, I don't speak for the forum, only myself, but I'm willing to bet most of us feel the same way.

Jeff
+ 1 - agree ::thumb::

Well said Jeff. Great post!

...and welcome new members. Please still post an intro thread and tell us a little about yourself.

Thanks, Jeff, for posting the welcome.

Some of us--at the beginning of this site--wondered if anyone would be interested in 71-73 Mustangs. I would bring my 1972 Mach 1 to cars shows in the late 1990's here in west central Florida and feel like Cinderella, left behind at home; I would be the only one with such a model--the step-child of pony cars.

Well, we wonder no more. There are are lot more 71-73 owners out there than we originally thought. Step-child no more. We 'Cinderellas' are going to the ball with the big sisters.

Just checking in and saying HI.

Many years back, I had a 67 FB. (fastback, not FaceBook!). Well, you know the story, kids house (ya, divorce too). So, here I am at age 58, looking for a car. Now, the 71-73s for me, I always liked them. So, I hope to find one in the next few months. (ok, I did drive a 69 Charger R/T 40 years ago, got a soft spot for those too).

And, this forum seems active, I like that. So, I will start my quest soon,

John
Welcome, and good luck in your quest. Not only that, but a member with a name like autocad is likely to be a valuable contributor :p

Hey I recently purchased a 71 coupe and found this forum needing help

Back