my 71 vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWR

Reaction score
My Car
71 convertable
Grabber blue with black Mach 1 stripes.
532ci engine
C6 transmission 9 inch rear end.
Runs on pump gas motor makes 625hp,650 lb.ft. torque at the crank
spacer.png
[/img]
spacer.png
f6bd94d2-4a4c-4145-8e4d-aa1bec9b6ef0_zpsitvgpiah.jpg'%20alt='f6bd94d2-4a4c-4145-8e4d-aa1bec9b6ef0_zpsitvgpiah.jpg'

532 big block. Pump gas motor with hydraulic cam, Edelbrock heads ,forged everything. Engine dyno'd at 630h.p. 650 ft.lbs. torque. C6 transmission,9 inch from a 67 fairlane which is 1 inch narrower per side and allows for 15x10 wheels and a 275/60 tire to fit no problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love a lot about this car, starting with that big block power plant...

Looks like a true sleeper. I'll bet the sound of the exhaust gives it away, though. Nice looking car!

Well..lets see, Big block, Grabber Blue, Magnums, and a vert, looks like it's all there. That's a beautiful A$$ Kicker you have there!
Just a wee bit underpowered, though....lollerz::devil:::whistling:

How's that power feel?;)

Can be a bit scary. All through 2nd. gear it struggles for traction. I'm running a fairly tall gear at 3.15:1. If you punch it and downshift into 2nd. at 50 or 60 mph it gets loose on you. If you're going say 15 or 20 mph and nail it in drive it just goes 1 2 3 through the gears smoking the tires for as long as you dare to hold the pedal down. I usually back out after a couple hundred feet as it gets fast and starts to go's sideways.

How's that power feel?;)

Can be a bit scary. All through 2nd. gear it struggles for traction. I'm running a fairly tall gear at 3.15:1. If you punch it and downshift into 2nd. at 50 or 60 mph it gets loose on you. If you're going say 15 or 20 mph and nail it in drive it just goes 1 2 3 through the gears smoking the tires for as long as you dare to hold the pedal down. I usually back out after a couple hundred feet as it gets fast and starts to go's sideways.
Freakin' wild!!,

What a ride.;) From what you've said, you're gonna have to take care not to loose her when you're out and about.:cool::cool:

Greg.:)

Back