New to the board..Intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwear

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
2004 Roush
2011 Mustang Convertible GT/CS
2005 Mustang Coupe
Thanks for the ad. Just picked up a 1972 Mach 1, 351c Gold Glow Metallic. Previous owner did some good work to restore her, but still a long way to go. On the short list:

1. Passenger side door sags and need to replace panel

2. Rear suspension needs some major improvement. Hit a bump and it bottomed out

3. Interior dash work

Good thing is engine is strong, was converted from 2v to 4v has a mild cam. Need to go through engine and document what's in there and see what type of horsepower it puts out.

Time to have fun but where to start!

Pic1.JPG

Hello from Mississippi. I owned a Gold Glow 72 Gran Torino Sport and always received compliments on the color. Sure looks good on your Mach 1. When you get a chance post some more pictures of your car and tell us more about it. Be sure to ask if you have any questions. Welcome aboard!

Welcome from San Diego. Congrats on your new ride! I know your car well. Your car belonged to one the members here who lives in east San Diego. I'm Sure James would like to here from you.

Mike

Nice looking car! Welcome.

Fresh rear springs are not expensive and the install isn't too much work. I am running 5 leaf rear 20 pound rate springs. If I were to do it over I would use the 4 1/2 leaf springs instead as they resist spring wrap and give a better ride

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Very nice looking car. You are fortunate to have such a nice 'starting point'!

In the upper right corner of every page is a search box. Feel free to use it as many topics have been covered in depth in previously posted threads. Also feel free to ask in new posts if you desire.

There are many things here to see! I like the WIKI - with many things archived there to help you learn more about your car and other 71-3's.

We appreciate you being here and sharing about your car! Ray

Back