New to the board..Intro

kwear

Thanks for the ad. Just picked up a 1972 Mach 1, 351c Gold Glow Metallic. Previous owner did some good work to restore her, but still a long way to go. On the short list:

1. Passenger side door sags and need to replace panel

2. Rear suspension needs some major improvement. Hit a bump and it bottomed out

3. Interior dash work

Good thing is engine is strong, was converted from 2v to 4v has a mild cam. Need to go through engine and document what's in there and see what type of horsepower it puts out.

Time to have fun but where to start!

Pic1.JPG.56967cedc994eeac3591efd2b6864e97.JPG

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!

Nice looking car.

Welcome From CA

Paul

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome. I really like how your car looks.

Yeah, I need to fix my rear suspension too... It's on the list. ;)

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Hello from Mississippi. I owned a Gold Glow 72 Gran Torino Sport and always received compliments on the color. Sure looks good on your Mach 1. When you get a chance post some more pictures of your car and tell us more about it. Be sure to ask if you have any questions. Welcome aboard!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Welcome from Wake Forest, NC

Gold Glow - hey, Did not Ford re-use this color on some of their recent car lines? Nice looking mustang!!

mustang7173 :bravo:

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Nice looking car! Welcome.

Fresh rear springs are not expensive and the install isn't too much work. I am running 5 leaf rear 20 pound rate springs. If I were to do it over I would use the 4 1/2 leaf springs instead as they resist spring wrap and give a better ride

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Welcome form Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Very nice looking car. You are fortunate to have such a nice 'starting point'!

In the upper right corner of every page is a search box. Feel free to use it as many topics have been covered in depth in previously posted threads. Also feel free to ask in new posts if you desire.

There are many things here to see! I like the WIKI - with many things archived there to help you learn more about your car and other 71-3's.

We appreciate you being here and sharing about your car! Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Yep, wandering around the Marti reports last night and ran across this car that looked great! And funny thing is the VIN's matched! If James is around I would love to hear from him. I bought the car at Mecum auction in Kissimmee. Got to meet the owner who was a retired Sheriff in Mt. Dora. Told me he got the car from someone in California and was a father son project, think he said son was disabled. I would really like to get in touch, get some history, stories and pictures of the car in the past. Besides the car, its the history and stories that it has to tell.

Love the car, bought it for the wife for her birthday present. Its in near perfect shape just a few minor things to do.

Ken W

Welcome from San Diego. Congrats on your new ride! I know your car well. Your car belonged to one the members here who lives in east San Diego. I'm Sure James would like to here from you.

Mike

Will do, we have gone to a few cruise in's so far and always get comments on the car especially the color! I'll post some more pic's later. Thanks!

Hello from Mississippi. I owned a Gold Glow 72 Gran Torino Sport and always received compliments on the color. Sure looks good on your Mach 1. When you get a chance post some more pictures of your car and tell us more about it. Be sure to ask if you have any questions. Welcome aboard!

Welcome from St. Pete to your west. Love the color.

My Gold Glow (see signature) was a Q Code, Hurst 4 speed with AC, 37,000 miles with half-vinyl top.

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg

Good look, especially the vinyl top. Hope to see you around some shows. We plan on going to Ancient City Nationals (MCA) in St. Augustine in April. Debating about driving or trailering.

Welcome from St. Pete to your west. Love the color.

My Gold Glow (see signature) was a Q Code, Hurst 4 speed with AC, 37,000 miles with half-vinyl top.