First "real" pic with painted bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Today I took the car for a spin the first time after I painted the front bumper and I snapped some pics under some better light than the crappy ones I took in my driveway just after installed the bumper.

I admit that I like what I see. The car looks much tidier, more like a complete package.

Some of you will notice that I swapped the 18 inch rims for the Magnums again, simply because the 18 inch tires are completely worn and I got tired of the bumpy ride. This setup absorbs shocks much better. It's probably not the final solution but for now I'll keep them on the car.

IMG_5764.JPG

IMG_5767.JPG

Looks like it was made that way.

Where are the pictures of the Mrs????

Dude, car looked good with the chromebumper but the new look is way better. Looks so right!!

The stance on that car is just mean. Front tires tucked just a touch, rocker panel looks pretty level with the ground. I like it.

The bumper looks great! If you don't mind me asking, how did you prep the chrome to hold primer/paint? Ryan

I cleaned it thoroughly with the steel wool side of a dish sponge. That did not really scuff the chrome but left tiny little scratches nonetheless.

Then I primed it with a primer advertised for metal and aluminum surfaces and hoped the best.

I hope it will stay nice.

I know I should have had the bumper sandblasted to get a nice gripping surface but I did not want to wait for two weeks for the shop to do it.

Let's see. If it peels, I'll have it blasted and I'll start again.

I don't think it will, though.

I agree with the majority of guys here and find the yellow bumper much more matching to the car than the chrome one.

This topic shows again how important it is that the rubber bumpers should be reproduced.

Back