cheap Vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah exactly he put that shackle kit on it to handle the saggy butt our cars rock instead of doing it the correct way and either re-arching the springs or lowering the front end...lmao

I kept looking at then engine pic and wondering what was wrong...

That cowl area should not be painted body color! That looks terrible!

Some like to apply the Mopar look by painting the engine sheet metal body color - and that is fine for them. But like this convertible - NO.

Ray

hate the hood pins in that location too!

Price isn't bad, but I's plan on a hood repair and repaint and springs all around with new and proper rear shackles, it also likely needs shocks. If you could get it for 7K it might be a nice playtoy-assuming there isn't more wrong with it which is likely not a good assumption

Some like to apply the Mopar look by painting the engine sheet metal body color - and that is fine for them. But like this convertible - NO.

Ray
Yeah your right Ray it makes the engine bay look so much smaller. look how much bigger mine looks with the right colors. http://www.7173mustangs.com/ezgallery.php?action=view&id=3268

hate the hood pins in that location too!

Price isn't bad, but I's plan on a hood repair and repaint and springs all around with new and proper rear shackles, it also likely needs shocks. If you could get it for 7K it might be a nice playtoy-assuming there isn't more wrong with it which is likely not a good assumption
I agree with you on the hood pins but its because of the location of the core support and that the hood is so long. Mine is like that but you cannot really tell with the two tone hood using aftermarket looking hood pins (did it when i was 19) would i do that again nope would change to a different hood with the Ram Air Pieces and twist locks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray
Oh Oh, going to have to repaint my current restoration then... Kidding...

I think I just got wood. :whistling:

Seriously, I would SO love to just hop on a plane, write a check for about $8K or less, and drop-in for a visit with a couple of friends from the forums on the way home. :cool:

There's another thread talking about what we'd do to our Mustangs if we had unlimited funds. Interestingly enough, I mentioned a very similar car to this one in that thread...

Yeah that was my thread and getting alot of response as i found that highly modified 71 video on YouTube been a good one so far for sure.

Back