What is a Marti Report?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm <~~~ click there....a kevin marti owns all fords production numbers for older stangs...and for a price..show you how many like your car was made..sometimes you luck out and your car was 1 of a kind....it will tell you what dealership it come from..and where it was built...and original options for your ride...great if you plan to restore it or just curious about it:)

It is a good tool for cars you want to know how they came out of the factory or if what you bought is a real thing or it has some camuflaged modifications...

You have a very rare car, you should get one in order to document that your car is a real sprint sportsroof, has the correct engine, trans, rear axle etc...

Some of us, when we bought our cars, we didn´t know what were we facing... For example.. i´m from Uruguay and my car is the only sportsroof in my country so... rare enough!!... Besides, i bought it totally dissambled in several boxes... I didn´t know absolutely nothing about it... At that time, i was not familiar with this forum but i restored the car as original as i could except for the color... Then in here and thanks to some of the guys we suspected my car was a 1 of 1 1792 sportsroof, I6 because of a rare engine code number...

I ordered a Marti Report for 50 bucks (more or less) and i discovered that actually my car is 1 of 1 but even most important is that he hasn´t been modificated at all during his life, something not common for a country like mine with no US ford dealers arround to get original parts to fix and mantain the car...

marti report JPG.jpg

Well... bottom line, it is a document that makes the statement about originality and other things about your specific car...

Here is mine, check it out and see how much info you can get for that small ammount of money...

When you check the Marti website you will see different levels of reports and related documents available such as a new door sticker, window sticker, etc. Even a framed set!

2v85vfd.png

I got the first part of my Marti report in: wow they are fast, very impressed! I still have the other report I believe it is the one called personalized which gives an idea how many specific ones were made of my particular car. Good News is the report shows that my Car was a Q code Sprint!

I got the first part of my Marti report in: wow they are fast, very impressed! I still have the other report I believe it is the one called personalized which gives an idea how many specific ones were made of my particular car. Good News is the report shows that my Car was a Q code Sprint!
Nice report!

You really should try and get the Eminger Invoice from Marti Auto Works - it's the actual (not a copy) factory/dealer invoice for your car. A lady called Lois Eminger who was a motor enthusiast who worked at Ford in the 60's and 70's got permission to take them home and was selling them to owners before her death not too long back. Marti Auto Works now has them - see the link.

http://www.martiauto.com/eminger2.cfm

Unfortunately when I asked for the invoice for my Sprint they said it wasn't available, so it must have been either purchased by a previous owner or got lost somehow :(

images%5Cfordinvoice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great documentation - the thing that still sticks out is 4 gallons of gas for $1.33 - those were the days. I mean, I can understand the increase in price for the engine, the transmission, and the other stuff because they are so rare and hard to find today. But gasoline is still available on every street corner, so to speak, and the price has increased about 10-fold. Just venting, I guess.... lol :p

Doc

Great documentation - the thing that still sticks out is 4 gallons of gas for $1.33 - those were the days. lol :p

Doc
That was overpriced dealer gas prices too. I remember still finding gas for 29.9 cents in the early 70's before the gas shortage started.

Man you guys are gonna cost me a fortune:D:D I will go look now at that link!

You really should try and get the Eminger Invoice from Marti Auto Works - it's the actual (not a copy) factory/dealer invoice for your car. A lady called Lois Eminger who was a motor enthusiast who worked at Ford in the 60's and 70's got permission to take them home and was selling them to owners before her death not too long back. Marti Auto Works now has them - see the link.

http://www.martiauto.com/eminger2.cfm

Unfortunately when I asked for the invoice for my Sprint they said it wasn't available, so it must have been either purchased by a previous owner or got lost somehow :(

images%5Cfordinvoice.jpg

We are getting ready to order Marti report. I would like to know what to order. We have nothing other than the title. The driver's door was replaced so we don't have a door tag either. Please advise what to order, elite marti door tag, eminger report or all?

We are getting ready to order Marti report. I would like to know what to order. We have nothing other than the title. The driver's door was replaced so we don't have a door tag either. Please advise what to order, elite marti door tag, eminger report or all?
I think the elite comes with the door tag.

You may be able to get the standard report and buy the tag separately

Go to martiautoworks.com they will have prices listed

Don

Thanks Don. Do I need the eminger report as well. Will it have info that the Elite Marti won't?
The eminger is nice as it is copy # 2of the Ford invoice.

It will list options and prices, dates, dealer info.

The dealer employee and truck driver check off numbers, correct options and the dealer signs off and accepts the car as correct.

That copy went back to ford and was filed.

When they were cleaning old files they basically were throwing them out. Lois Eminger and another Ford employee were smart enough to save them. They split them up, so Marti may have it.

Use to get the reports from Lois for around 20.00.

Kevin Marti wants a bit more, but he had to buy them from her family.

Don

Thanks Don. Do I need the eminger report as well. Will it have info that the Elite Marti won't?
Definitely get the Eminger invoice, if you can. There is only one and

you must provide evidence to Marti that you own the car like the title.

Mine was signed in lead pencil at the time of delivery to the dealership.

You can see the graphite marks on the paper, it's pretty cool.

mike

Great documentation - the thing that still sticks out is 4 gallons of gas for $1.33 - those were the days. I mean, I can understand the increase in price for the engine, the transmission, and the other stuff because they are so rare and hard to find today. But gasoline is still available on every street corner, so to speak, and the price has increased about 10-fold. Just venting, I guess.... lol :p

Doc
I think what is worse is you will pay more for water than gasoline now, lol. Difficult to drink the gas.

David

Fantastic advice here - and just to clarify - a basic Marti report is as affordable as $18. Even if it duplicates your build sheet (if you are lucky enough to have it), it's very good to have to check against. It's also excellent for re-sale of a car.

The top-end Elite report is $220, and for the person who wants the best, it is worth it. Kevin often spends many more man hours than that $220 would seem to cover - just to make sure the abbreviations in the reproduction window stickers are correct for that car, for that year (and in many cases, the wording changed twice or three times a year - sometimes he can spend many hours on a single Elite report).

-Kurt

Back