how long have you owned your 71-72-73 mustang

mrmach1

I bought my 72 in 1984 and although I've had a lot of offers from potential buyers I always answer their offers with "It's not for sale" I've owned a mustang since I was 16 years old and I just turned 60 and I plan on owning this present car until the day I die. So how about you How long have you been into this mania for me it's been 44 years of mustang ownership and hopefully a lot more to come.

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will be 1 year in July 2016! :)

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

36 years for the automatic and 3 years for the 4 speed car

Steve

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code C6 Auto

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code 4 Speed

5.5 years... always been a fan, but fell in love in 1982 (when I was 14) with a Grabber Yellow H-Code Mach 1.

Drooled over a '71 M-Code Mach 1, and a '72 Sprint Coupe from 1987-88 (the cars owned by a few friends when I was stationed at Holloman AFB, NM) while I had my '82 Mustang. Curiously, never noticed any '71-2-3s until spring of 2010, when I picked up a copy of Mustang Monthly just because I was bored one day - saw an article about a Grabber Lime '71 Mach 1 and was reminded again of the Yellow H-Code. A few months later I found mine on Craigslist, waffled for a few weeks, then finally bought it in August 2010.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

31 years. Second car I ever owned. 1973 Mach 1 was the first but it was wrecked and I replaced it with the drop top.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Bought my '71 Mach in the Spring of 72 as a left over 71 demo. Owned it ever since.

Mac

5.5 years... always been a fan, but fell in love in 1982 (when I was 14) with a Grabber Yellow H-Code Mach 1.

Drooled over a '71 M-Code Mach 1, and a '72 Sprint Coupe from 1987-88 (the cars owned by a few friends when I was stationed at Holloman AFB, NM) while I had my '82 Mustang. Curiously, never noticed any '71-2-3s until spring of 2010, when I picked up a copy of Mustang Monthly just because I was bored one day - saw an article about a Grabber Lime '71 Mach 1 and was reminded again of the Yellow H-Code. A few months later I found mine on Craigslist, waffled for a few weeks, then finally bought it in August 2010.

Mister 4 x 4,

My grabber lime Mach was a Nov '09 Mustang Monthly feature car, wonder if it's the one you remember. Haven't seen too many grabber lime ones in Mustang Monthly.

Posted the magazine article in the garage section of this site. Check it out under the name "Mac".

Mac

Bought it new in 73, so about 43 yrs now

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

I became the second owner in 1981. So I have had it for 35 years when this April gets here.

kcmash

I ordered my 73 Mach 1 March 30, 1973 it shipped on May 14, 1973 and I took delivery on May 24, 1973, original owner. Picture made in 1983 when I parked it in barn. Has 32 Factory installed options on window stickers and 8 dealer options, 40 total options.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Was a Chevy guy. Bought this in May 2014.

IMG_1156%201_zpspwf4sqmj.jpg

Well have a few Mustangs in the drive way:

1972 Mustang Mach 1 Sportroof - two months. Birthday present to wife

2004 Roush Stage 2 One Year - My birthday present!

2011 Mustang GT/CS 4 Years Convertible

2005 Mustang Coupe: 4 Years - Daughters Car (Still counts)

1990 Mustang Anniversary Edition Convertible 8 years. Sold to a friend to fund the '72 Mach 1. Will eventually come home!

There are about 5 more over the past years that have come and gone. All have been fun!