7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walterm

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sportsroof 351C 4V 4 speed
Hello, I am a new member from the Chicago area. Looks like a great site and forum. I am doing a frame up restoration on a 71 sportsroof 351C 4V 4-speed. I look forward to sharing my experiences along the way. I am deep into metal work at the moment and plan to do most of the resto (including paint) myself with the help of a friend.

Mark Walter

Hello from Mississippi. 351 4bl, 4sp, that's a very desirable powertrain. Glad you found us and decided to make us your Mustang home. "Deep into metal work"! Yep, these cars, as other 40+ year old cars have done, seem to grow rust! Good luck on your project and remember to keep us posted on your progress. Welcome to the club!

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Sounds like a neat car - M code 4 speed sportsroof. 1F02M Sadly too many sportsroofs end up Mach clones.

Post up pics when you can.

Ray

Welcome to you. Looks like 4 speed was not so uncommon, if we count how many car are with mecanic tranny, it's a lot. I read somewhere that 90% of those cars were delivered with automatic trannies.

Good luck for your project.

Welcome from Naperville! You'll find this to be a great site with great members.

Welcome to you. Looks like 4 speed was not so uncommon, if we count how many car are with mecanic tranny, it's a lot. I read somewhere that 90% of those cars were delivered with automatic trannies.

Good luck for your project.
Manu - it being a 1971 Sportsroof M code, Ford built 1697 of them.

1971 1F02M

729 4 speeds

898 C6 automatics

So this car is a rare one. IMHO And a sleeper. M code 'stangs are no slouches!

The M code Mach 1's are MUCH more common with a little over 15,000 built! (15,327)

1F05M

4491 4 speeds

10,836 C-6 Automatics

Ray

Back