Fuel Pump Adventures

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasFastback

Reaction score
My Car
'72 fastback, 302, Fmx
So, on the quest to get my car running I set out to get a replacement fuel pump. I usually have an old ford of some sort so this is common buy for me. Today however I found out that these thing are in short supply. The guy at Advance Auto Parts (formerly Carquest) couldn't even pull it up on his computer. Is anyone else having trouble finding such a common item?

Try buying one for the '71 429cj... This engine comes with an additional fuel "return" line that runs along side the fuel supply line, connecting the fuel tank to the fuel pump. This pump is a specific Carter made unit for the BB Ford, going for about $400US today...The joy!

Just make sure it's a major manufacture pump and not a no name. Ford seemed to favor the carter pumps. My 85 GT has a carter high flow, so Ford used them right up to the end of the carburetor cars.

Pastel Blues remark about the 429 CJ pumps seems to be typical of what's being asked for OE/NOS 429 pumps. The only one worse than that is the C9AZ-9350-A listed for the 429 SCJ and Boss 429. The E Bay listing I found is buy it now at $1875.00. I remember ordering a pump for my friends 70 Cyclone SCJ 429. Cost him a staggering $25.00!!

I hear another verse of my favorite song "If I only knew then what I know now" playing in the background.

Back