Pissed Off

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
I had been doing just fine handling my rebuild by myself, I guess my son's were jealous of that fact. Now that it's time to get my stang running, they all want to help. So far the help has cost me a few hundred dollars in broken or damaged. parts. Wish I could have or would have just said NO to them, that would have hurt some feelings. And of course they know everything. I laughed when my son told me I didn't know anything about the new technology on cars today, and responded to him who cares this car doesn't have any... lol just frustration talking away now...So close to firing up

Alan L

Man

From a Son to a Father, the time you will spend with your sons, doesn´t have a cost is just unvaluable, hope you understand wath i´m triying to say, one of the reasons i bougth the stang is that some day hope my 5 year old kid likes it and fix it togeter.

Man

From a Son to a Father, the time you will spend with your sons, doesn´t have a cost is just unvaluable, hope you understand wath i´m triying to say, one of the reasons i bougth the stang is that some day hope my 5 year old kid likes it and fix it togeter.
My 2 oldest son's race chevy's, but I hear ya.

Imagine my problems. I don't have children just dogs. I tell it to fetch me the 3/8 socket and she comes back with the 1/2 inch. You just can't get good help these days hahaha :shrug2: lollerz::blah::::tease::

My son helped me on my 73 vert some over the last five years, but not with the same interest I had. He doesn't mind driving now that it is almost finished. I do agree, the time he did help was a great father/son experience.

My son was upset when I didn't let the machine shop engine build set it up for 500+HP. He's going to be mad if I can beat him at the track. He won't let me help him with his LT1 Impala SS.

Aaaahhh...to be a father. No wonder my dad whipped my butt so much when I was a kid!

My son was upset when I didn't let the machine shop engine build set it up for 500+HP. He's going to be mad if I can beat him at the track. He won't let me help him with his LT1 Impala SS.
Maybe thats why he's "helping" you? :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
My kids like to help, but they lose interest fast. Soon, they are playing with the jacks and creepers and then disappear altogether! 12 and 14 is still a little young to appreciate the finer details of Mustang restoration...but it's still a good foundation!

My kids like to help, but they lose interest fast. Soon, they are playing with the jacks and creepers and then disappear altogether! 12 and 14 is still a little young to appreciate the finer details of Mustang restoration...but it's still a good foundation!
+1

i guess i had the opposite issue.

My father worked at a garage in the 1970s in college, he grew to hate old cars, and he hates working on them.

so my attempt at repairing a strained relationship was to try to get him to work with me on my car.

what a bonding experience that was, he basically gave me the finger, and called me a bunch of names.

6 years later I'm driving my ford, and he is not allowed in it.

The things you have to do to keep the peace in a family.

ahhh, I can relate. Zach decided to install the March billet pullies and got a little carried away on the ps pump pulley.. good times. lol

My kids think the car is cool but are completely not interested... it's dad's thing. They think it's cooler when they drive it on special occasions.

That's OK with me, I wanted to raise independent kids. I do make them work on their own cars when they need repairs though. I'll supervise and help only when they are in over their head.

My kids think the car is cool but are completely not interested... it's dad's thing. They think it's cooler when they drive it on special occasions.

That's OK with me, I wanted to raise independent kids. I do make them work on their own cars when they need repairs though. I'll supervise and help only when they are in over their head.
Sounds like a sound policy, Jeff. Like.

Back