• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Any interest in a half-finished '71 M-code project for $7,000?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
71_mustang_1.jpg

017_resized.JPG

71_mustang_59.jpg

1zoc594.jpg

548upk.jpg

71_mustang_61.jpg

Seeing as I haven't really had the time to get back to my '71 and button the back end up (and I seem to catch the never-ending office cold every weekend to prevent me from doing so), I'm seriously considering parting with the car. That, and there's a cinema camera on eBay that I most definitely want, and may assist me in the job market.

That said, following is a whole thread (about 1-1/2 years worth) on the car here:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cudak888-1971-m-code-soylent-green-8-30-14-shrinking-disc-time

Marti Report:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cudak888-s-1971-mustang-mach-1-soylent-green

And following is a quick summary - hopefully I remember everything here:

The good:

• 351C and C6 operating perfectly @ 103k. Starts on a dime, no valve noise at all. Never rebuilt, to my knowledge, and definitely NEVER touched by some yahoo that thinks every engine needs as many cheap chrome Edelbrock doo-dads on it as possible (or a huge thumping cam that will be eaten up in 30 minutes due to someone forgetting the break-in lube). Engine is all original except for Summit 600CFM carb and later 400-style water outlet to allow for a Duraspark distributor to be installed.
  • Original floor pans are phenomenal, as I recall, only one dime-sized hole.
  • NOS taillight panel included
  • Original
  • Decent replacement dual exhaust, if rusty from sitting (but by no means thin or ready to rot through) with Flowmaster Series 40 mufflers installed.
  • Proper 14x7" sport trim rings (all four + spare) and deep hub caps (only 3)
  • Spare Mach 1-spec 14x7" rim in trunk, plus additional 14x7" from another one of my parts cars.

The stuff you will need to address:

• Cowl hat - like 90% of Mustangs of this era, the lower cowl needs to be patched up.
  • You will need to strip the cheap spray primer off the trunk floor and other areas, and respray it with epoxy.
  • You will have to install the taillight panel and finish up a few welds around the trunk floor
  • Paint - the roof will need it.
  • Lead joints on the upper A-pillars need to be addressed. Nothing major - easy fix when you're doing the cowl.
  • Dent on front right fender

$7,000 cash is what I'm looking for. Car is in Miami, Florida.

Let me know; PM if interested.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Great car and price. Only if you were closer.

Kurt did you ever sell the Mach 1?

Back